Wii (2 Viewers)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
runtlocks said:
Missing out, my friend.

Anyone familiar with the Jet Set/Grind Radio series? Damn, I hope they do one for Wii, or DS
haha yeah i have for xbox. great game. awesome tunes.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
is it true some people that lined up for it with cash, got mugged?

sounded funny when a friend said it...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
timlay said:
is it true some people that lined up for it with cash, got mugged?

sounded funny when a friend said it...
yep. and some people actually got shot for a ps3.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
stazi said:
yep. and some people actually got shot for a ps3.
u know i wonder about gettin the HD-DVD and whether it will be lik the sega-CD add-on or other classic expansions..

stazi

Nightman
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
u know i wonder about gettin the HD-DVD and whether it will be lik the sega-CD add-on or other classic expansions..
well, the hd-dvd drive is simply to play hd-dvd movies. looks like hd-dvd is here to stay (along with bluray, although i predict hd-dvd will be most popular)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
brogan77 said:
Hay why's everyone wetting themselves over the Wii (LOL PUN).

What's so different about it...besides the light sabre controller and the fact it plays nintendo's unique brand of gayming?
INFERIOR GRAPHICS

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
stazi said:
well, the hd-dvd drive is simply to play hd-dvd movies. looks like hd-dvd is here to stay (along with bluray, although i predict hd-dvd will be most popular)
given the track record of sony..
-betamax
-minidiscs
-UMD..
-blu-rays?

ill wait out for philips and the dual HD-DVD/Bluray machines :) for my HD experience

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
10 days to go OMG.

And ads have been showing up on TV. Fuck I hate those trailers where they'd show videos of the game and then switch to some moron swinging the controller around.

501n2u

HSC
im so looking forward to getting my wii (preordered from myer) but i wont be able to play until christmas holidays TT_TT. i tried it out at bondi junct last weekend and it's cool xD i love it! baaaaa -.- school.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
501n2u said:
im so looking forward to getting my wii (preordered from myer) but i wont be able to play until christmas holidays TT_TT. i tried it out at bondi junct last weekend and it's cool xD i love it! baaaaa -.- school.
you're a sheep?

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
I think she meant "bahhhhh"

Which is a perfectly normal human reaction.

5 days to go!

stazi said:
haha yeah i have for xbox. great game. awesome tunes.
Best bloody soundtrack for a game, ever. But they've made the controls a bit different in the Jet Set Radio Future sequel to Jet Grind Radio on Dreamcast, I much prefer the Dreamcast controls because with big pieces of graffiti art, you can use the analogue stick to paint them, rather than tapping the R trigger as fast as you can.

If they integrate motion movement to draw the graffiti, or use the stylus for a DS version, that would be totally awesome.

Last edited:

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
...And I've played the Wii!

This guy set it up at Blacktown Games Wizards. I was hoping to play a piece of Zelda but they ended up putting on Wii Play, or whatever it's called. Played through the "Shooting Gallery", which did manage to bring up nostalgia with ducks and clay plates in there. Was a two player game, but only one controller availiable.

The Wii itself was a bit of trouble to set up, I was standing there for about ten mins while they did. When they did manage to get a picture on the screen, the controller wasn't working, so another five or so minutes to get that going. Was surprised how small the console and the remote was.

The aim from the controller wasn't calibrated properly, so it had a bit of an upper-right alignment when i played. The nunchuck wasn't needed, and the guy didn't have one at the time so I didn't get a feel of it. Playing the game was as simple as aim and shoot, though the control itself was hyper-sensitive, which was annoying. Despite this, the controller gripped easily and felt comfortable in the hand. Sore arm by the end of the game, though.

Overall, disappointed with my first experience, though it should be possible to calibrate the sensitivity and aim, I didn't get the opportunity to.

And the graphics were fucking atrocious.

B35tY

HSC
So where the fuck should i buy (or preorder) one of these thingos.

I haven't decided whether to get one of the basic setups, or one with bonus games, controllers, the whole bundle.

Has anyone seen a deal they can recommend??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)