Why You're Not Good at Certain Subjects... (1 Viewer)

Deluge

HSC
Okay, I just wanted to open a discussion on why you're not good at certain subjects, LOL. In lieu of the SC of course... I'll start.

Maths
I'm not good at maths because I can't get my head around simple simultaneous equations sometimes. Sometimes they come to me like a flash but sometimes they take me forever to figure out. LOL. There's also the annoying little fact that I often get higher marks in extension maths than in standard maths... yeah... weird... for the trials I got 7/12 for standard number, and 11/11 for extension number. Some one help me explain why I'm so dumb, LOL.

English
Multiple choice... :rofl: So bad at it.

Science
I'm bad at physics. Enough said. Voltage is the measure of potential difference around a circuit. Um, right, I really understood that. :mad1:

PE
Please, let's not get started. :rofl:

Last edited:

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Geography
Lmao we have the worst teacher in the world and he makes the topic seem incredibly (!) boring, it put's you off entirely.

History
Can't remember everything too well.

Science
Trouble remembering everything, but other than that i'm fine.

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
Math:
It's not so much I can't understand it, it's just I'm not particular 'thrilled' when I'm calculating anything other than algebra (algebra is awesome).

PE:
Enough said.

Et tu, Brute?

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Deluge said:
Maths
I'm not good at maths because I can't get my head around simple simultaneous equations sometimes. Sometimes they come to me like a flash but sometimes they take me forever to figure out. LOL. There's also the annoying little fact that I often get higher marks in extension maths than in standard maths... yeah... weird... for the trials I got 7/12 for standard number, and 11/11 for extension number. Some one help me explain why I'm so dumb, LOL.
That pretty much sums me up! I'm an absolute wreck when it comes to basics. ;p

Geography: no interest in it so don't tend to make much of an effort in paying attention. Oh and maybe the fact that we have a teacher that sets time limits and lets people roam around the school.

Science: the only thing I love is pretty much chemistry, cosmology and the evolution stuff we'd be doing before the exams. Wish one of the responses would've been on evolution, gahh! Apart from them, death to Science in my world. :)

English: horrriible. 'Nuff said! Absolutely hate extended responses. Love visual literacy but!

Neurox

HSC
I am good at maths and science mainly because they were easy up to year 10.. maybe year 11&12.

English: i sometimes suck at multiple choice.. there are nearly always 2 answers, and sometimes i pick the wrong 1. Also i suck at writing essays.

PE: rofl, i never studied for this subject

RE: same as PE

Geo: im alright at this, i dont really study, and still get good/ok-ish marks. the skills on the other hand are easy as,

History: im not good at this, because 1. i dont study, 2. im not good at writing essays.

James747

HSC
English: I think its my worse subject but I tends to get good results in it. Came third this year...lol

Maths: Quite frankly, I cant be bothered learning the stuff cuz the teacher's too loose on us. She thinks everyone goes to tutor (I don't, not for maths) so she'll just go over them very briefly and make us do therest ourselves.

Geo+History: I suppose I'm alright in it.

PE: A good theory marks doesn't mean a good mark in practical. Asians cant do PE, enough said... XDD

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
English-My teacher is a idiot who does not teach you a single thing. And i hate how some teachers just give you a mark and never tell you what you did wrong and you end up getting the same mark next time.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
English: I sometimes struggle with MC when there are two 'correct answers", and i have to choose the "best" answer.

Geography: Cbb putting effort, but i still manage to get high marks :p

Maths: Hmm...maybe deductive geometry. To me its boring and long. I love anything to do with algebra!

Science: Maybe the physics part of the course, especially waves.

History: No problems :rofl:

iEdd

HSC
Maths: As long as I can remember the required formula, the process to me seems logical and easy, except circle geometry, where there's like 4000 'properties' to remember.

English: Analysing stuff and trying to make it smooth when including quotes and stuff is hard.

History: Too many dates to remember..

PE: Waste of time

Kiim2507

HSC
Geography - Not good at remembering statistics, definitions etc

Hsitory - I can't remember anything! Especially dates and years I just tend to make them up as I go along lol

Science - Worst subject ever. Bad teacher and no desire to study or get good marks

I can never remember my notes, yet I know the lyrics to over 100 songs off the top of my head and can quote entire movies. Sucks doesn't it?

dreamee

HSC
History: It's boring content. Full Stop. I've learnt all about Aboriginals every year that I have been in this country and it's driving me nuts. And all those dates...they all sound the same to me.

PE Oh please...

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Maths - I can get it and all, although I take slightly longer than everyone else, espcially with algebra.

PE - Just not my thing.

Home Ec - Terrible teacher who hates me made me lose all interest.

I like everything esle anda re good at them.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Yay. I love PE.
Well, I suck at Geography and History because I find both these subjects to be boring and possibly the fact that I know that I'm dropping both next year...sort of makes me not try.
Gosh, wasn't the just the most incoherent statement ever? :(

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I'm good at English, Science and any writing/researching subject.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
davidbarnes said:
I'm good at English, Science and any writing/researching subject.
don't all subjects require a bit of writing and research?

except maths. and PE...

PE is madddd fun. except it's unfair, because we play in teams, and losing teams get low marks..... incentive to try harder? nah... more like. slack because i'm always in the losing teams with losers that don't try...

then again, i get an extra 10% for doing sport on saturdays.
i expect a good grade.

HSC
I'm not good at Science because I don't care, and also because I can't see it. This is especially true with things such as physics and environmental science. Because I can't see it I don't care.
I'm not good at Home Ec because I'm much to insecure to go with my gut instinct, and have to wait for help every step of the way.
I'm not good at geography because I don't care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)