why worth so much??? (1 Viewer)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
hey i dont noe if this is true across all the units, but for all my subjects except 4 one, my final exams r worth 50%, 60% and 70%!!!

how come they r worth so much??

i noe mates from other unis, and theres r like 30-50%

y bother with the assessments during the semester???

its so fuckn depressing

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
withoutaface said:
My final exams are worth 80, 60, 50 and 0%.
i can handle the 50% one, cause thats basically like how hsc worked, 50% assessments and 50% 4 actual exam

but above 50% is crazy!!!

y bother doing any of the assessments, aim 2 pass and spend the rest of your time gettn ready 4 the finals

i think thats what i should of done ...

roger321

HSC
N/A
because ur assessments are easier to score marks in than ur finals?

if u r just gonna screw ur assessments, u are gonna feel really really shite when u fail by a mark...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
fornstar said:
hey i dont noe if this is true across all the units, but for all my subjects except 4 one, my final exams r worth 50%, 60% and 70%!!!

how come they r worth so much??

i noe mates from other unis, and theres r like 30-50%

y bother with the assessments during the semester???

its so fuckn depressing
Welcome to Uni and reality :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
fornstar said:
i can handle the 50% one, cause thats basically like how hsc worked, 50% assessments and 50% 4 actual exam

but above 50% is crazy!!!

y bother doing any of the assessments, aim 2 pass and spend the rest of your time gettn ready 4 the finals

i think thats what i should of done ...
It depends on the lecturer, but I know I've had a hell of a lot more trouble in the "all in semester" examined subject than any of the others, and personally my laziness is more conductive to an exam you can pass without studying than an assignment you have to spend 30+ hours on.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
60 65 75 70 for me,

meh, i rkn its good, muck around all semester until the week before the exams =)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Exactly, its uni. And it depends on the course coordinator. Personally, I think that some of the coordinators are just too lazy to make more assignments, and then I think that some assignments are under-valued (eg. contracts assignment was only worth 20%- you kinda dont even see the point in doing it). 30% upwards and then I take them seriously.

Also, some of those subjects whose final exam is worth 50-100% is due to the fact they cant really give you assignments. Like stat: they're not willing to make the group assignments worth so much because you might have "social loafed" (theres a psych term for you to remember for the exam Dave!) off the group and thus not have learnt much.

So I do understand the logic for some of them because they want to test your proper knowledge, rather than seeing how good you are at having 6 weeks to write an essay. It sucks at the moment I know, but once its over, its over. And really its not really that hard to put that amount of effort into something for a few weeks. And you dont want to fail: I know how much that feeling sucks, and how good the feeling is when you pass and dont have to do it again.

Just study honey! :)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
MaryJane said:
group assignments worth so much because you might have "social loafed" (theres a psych term for you to remember for the exam Dave!)
not another term!!!!

and yea ill study, i dont want 2 fail :(

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
they could be worth even more, eg. mine are 80, 80, 80, 82% each. Last year, had one worth 95% and one 90%...

^___^
HSC
MaryJane: sometimes its not the lecturer's fault

my phys270 this sem had:

7 assignments
2 essays
8practical reports
1 night out to observe planets + stars

and my final is worth 70%

:|

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
It depends on the subjects.

My 3 subjects are 50% (2 week take home-exam), 90% (a sit-down, open book, 2 essays, no choice) and 0% (no final).

Good to have variety!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
GoodToGo said:
It depends on the subjects.

My 3 subjects are 50% (2 week take home-exam), 90% (a sit-down, open book, 2 essays, no choice) and 0% (no final).

Good to have variety!
Please tell me the 90% one is not law... :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)