Why was the 3 unit paper so hard? (1 Viewer)

Do you think it was 2 hard?

• Yes

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Dont Know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont Care

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • It was the same difficulty for ever1 so it doesnt matter

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

watermelons2189

HSC
This years paper was easily the hardest from the last 15 years (yes I did them all) I do 4 unit as well and I still found it ridiculously hard. I realise they are trying to cater for the "cream of the crop" but that is what the 4 unit exam is for. I pity any poor soul who had 2 do the 3 unit paper without doing the 4 unit course. Its a fucking joke!

Raginsheep

HSC
Does it matter? Its not like if raw marks were important anyways. If everyone does shit all it means that instead of 80/84 getting a 97 this year, its now 75/84.

Get over it.....

H

housemouse

Everyone found it hard so its not like your the only one being disadvantaged.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Its not a joke. They can make it as hard as they want, and its not like it wasnt expected given the ease of the other maths exams. It doesnt disadvantage anyone, a harder exam with align more.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I found it alright actually. It was just Question 6 that stumped me a bit, otherwise the rest was pretty fair. I know that one person in our school reckons he got full marks, another only left out 1 mark, and one other left out 2 marks. The rest of us left out about 5-10 marks and at the lower end of the spectrum 15+ marks...lol
I also found 2005 to be the easiest Extension 1 paper out of all of them.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Why was the 3 unit paper so hard?
Rumour: It was a new exam commitee this year (originally thought to be true for the 4u exam but it seems that it could also be true with this year's 3u exam).

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
cos they are all bastards over there in the board of studies

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
I really don't think it was too hard. I'm not saying I got full marks, people just found it difficult because it required a lot of algebra and they asked questions not asked in previous years, which really sorted out those who understood the work, and those who had just practiced getting an answer for it. It'll be interesting to see how the alignment goes this year.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
watermelons2189 said:
This years paper was easily the hardest from the last 15 years (yes I did them all) I do 4 unit as well and I still found it ridiculously hard. I realise they are trying to cater for the "cream of the crop" but that is what the 4 unit exam is for. I pity any poor soul who had 2 do the 3 unit paper without doing the 4 unit course. Its a fucking joke!
OH SHIT ! I don't do Extension 2 :( ... How am I going to cope next year ?

Barbarossa

HSC
watermelons2189 said:

Totaaly agree, twas deff most hardest in a long while
hard is cool cause its spreads us out, but this!!! there was just so much trig in it which normally i dont mind but it was crazy!!!

JBlayden

HSC
Although I found it difficult at the time, I took the test home and did it at and found it reasonable. The main problem was time. Alot of working out was involved and an extra 20 minutes would have made it alot easier. I had more incomplete answers rather than incorrect (I think)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC

Raginsheep

HSC
Seriously stop complaining. What do you actually lose from a harder test?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)