why was paulini in the bottom three (1 Viewer)

why was paulini in the bottom three

• race

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • vocal talent

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • peoples complacency (thinking she would be safe so they didnt vote)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • other

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, so why do you think paulini was in the bottom three of aus idol last night?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
i don't vote... but i reckon ppl just voted for other people cause she didn't really stand out on sunday

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i was so sure rob was going. i dont like him, his too full of himself. GO THE GIRLS!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
rob shoulda went out - i voted for paulini -

its all the little girls voting for rob i tell ya...

mmmmmm

Most definitely the complaceny thing.

She's never failed to amaze - and that was her problem. Hopefully her fans will have established now that her position in the final is not a certainty.

Antisocial

How shocked were the judges?
It's the people's complacency. :p

Rob wasn't even in the bottom three, so ultimately it may be Rob's looks vs. Paulini's talent (just speculating the last two people - it'd be funny if it really was Millsy vs. Paulini). :D

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by mmmmmm
Most definitely the complaceny thing.
yeah thats what i reckon too - hmm maybe i should vote twice for her from now on.. LOL just to stop this from happening again...

i hope she wins - she better win...

1 more

fructis
HSC
Sorry i posted this in another Aust. Idol thread, please excuse my lack of originality!
People are voting for who they want to 'save' *not* for who they think should win. And I think the judges have made several errors to this effect, for example when Dicko said to Millsy... "Heres my business card, call me from Melbourne, because you are going home tomorrow night," im sure several hysterical teenagers jumped to his defence and I would put money on him scoring the most votes last night. I must admit I am guilty of this too, I have voted for Shannon for the past 2 weeks because it seemed possible that he might be eliminated, (despite being aware that there are other performers on the show who are better).

Maddy

Damien Martyn Rocks!
I agree with you 1 more, I think that by Dicko saying what he did the public wanted to save Millsy and that's the reason he wasn't in the bottom three!!
p.s. GO SHANNNNNNNOOOOOONNNNNNNNN

Aussiechick

HSC
I think it was because of complacency too. People thought she did well enough to get her through without their votes.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Maddy
I agree with you 1 more, I think that by Dicko saying what he did the public wanted to save Millsy and that's the reason he wasn't in the bottom three!!
so true, and this week everyone is going to vote paulini to save her, giving her the most votes

Fry

i felt so sorry for her when she was standing up there. i mean she is the only contestant that can actually sing. Guys sings ok but his voice kinda gets irritating after a while.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
i voted other - No sex appeal...well i dont know about you but since shannon and rob are still there and levi surviving for so long im pretty sure that it is a majority of females voting here and paulini is losing badly to that

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
Think about it, who uses all of daddy's money for their prepaid mobiles? 13 yr old girls. Who watches this stuff and actually votes? 13 yr old girls.
The key to winning the competition is to appeal to the VOTING public (i.e. the 13 yr old girls).
That mills guy appears to be quite set on doing that, with his goofy faces and lame approach to the shows which is what gets them going.
It's diabolical.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by dudditz
Think about it, who uses all of daddy's money for their prepaid mobiles? 13 yr old girls. Who watches this stuff and actually votes? 13 yr old girls.
The key to winning the competition is to appeal to the VOTING public (i.e. the 13 yr old girls).
That mills guy appears to be quite set on doing that, with his goofy faces and lame approach to the shows which is what gets them going.
It's diabolical.
that is so true

timmii

sporadic attendee
As much as i hate to admit this, females are generally jealous creatures. They are unlikely to vote for another girl to win. Which is why i'd be betting on a male winner.

I don't think Paulini has the tv personality and persona to really be the winner - she's an awesome singer/performer but so much of it nowadays is about being able to woo the crowds and present yourself as charming, intelligent, humble etc...

Shannon, mmh, i can't really see a country boy with a young family winning the comp, even though he has definitely grown on me recently (I wasn't a fan).

Cosima. well. I go through phases with her. Initially i didn't like her as a teacher's pet. Then i thought she was great. Now i'm a bit sick of her whining and prancing up and down for judicial flattery. Though I think she's grooming herself to be the most "star-like" and would be good marketing wise, i don't think she has the sincerity to really be long-term pop-singer potential. Plus she's female, which means chicks won't vote for her when it comes right down to it.

Which leaves Guy - cute, great dancer/mover, amazing voice, funny, smart etc etc...Plus a consistent achiever. I can see him being able to work crowds and make the cute little comments at signings that sustain appeal, which is what record companies would ultimately be looking for. even if he doesn't win - i reckon he'd be offered a contract anyways.

So yes, those are the 2ci humbly offer - rather embarassed actually that i've bothered to do this... :shy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)