Why SDEHS papers so hard MX2 (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
heugh. his "as required" assumes that the conjugate of the numerator / denominator = conjugate of the numerator / conjugate of the denominator.
simple enough right?
that was due to an error in the second last line as I explained earlier

liamkk112

HSC
this:
(but replace with a+ib) does not have to be the conjugate of
, does it..
ur right. using the rule that conj(z1z2) = conj(z1)conj(z2), then in this case u would end up with something of the form conj(1/a+bi)=(a-ib)/(a^2+b^2) which would have to then be multiplied by conj(x+iy) = x-iy, so overall conj(x+iy/a+bi) = (x-iy)(a-bi)/(a^2+b^2), i believe but im rusty

liamkk112

HSC
ur right. using the rule that conj(z1z2) = conj(z1)conj(z2), then in this case u would end up with something of the form conj(1/a+bi)=(a-ib)/(a^2+b^2) which would have to then be multiplied by conj(x+iy) = x-iy, so overall conj(x+iy/a+bi) = (x+iy)(a+bi)/(a^2+b^2), i believe but im rusty
that being said im pretty sure the equation u sent has solutions, if its still under discussion. as someone else already said u can just use the quadratic formula

HSC
ur right. using the rule that conj(z1z2) = conj(z1)conj(z2), then in this case u would end up with something of the form conj(1/a+bi)=(a-ib)/(a^2+b^2) which would have to then be multiplied by conj(x+iy) = x-iy, so overall conj(x+iy/a+bi) = (x-iy)(a-bi)/(a^2+b^2), i believe but im rusty
the conjugate of is not

so the conjugate is
so using this method u still get the same answer as i did as u get

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)