Why? Is this normal? (1 Viewer)

hereyes

HSC
Was feeling alright before HSC exams began.
Now, this sums up my feelings:
:bomb:

Hearing from friends who finished in previous years...
I'm supposed to feel GOOD after finishing the exam.
All I feel is stress and anger. "Did I epic-FAIL on that?"
This has seriously been my worst exam 'period' - emotionally (and who knows about marks?).
I mean, I don't even think I did that badly in my exams.

Diagnosis please. :)

Top Secret

HSC
In my opinion, it would matter on the significance of the exams. For the vast majority of the state, completing their exams is a mere hurdle - after completion, they feel "good". BUT, you on the other hand desire decent marks, and as a result, the exams are of high significance to you, thus you cannot just feel "good" after, or at least not after stressing out - "Did I epic-FAIL on that?". LOL

HSC
In my opinion, it would matter on the significance of the exams. For the vast majority of the state, completing their exams is a mere hurdle - after completion, they feel "good". BUT, you on the other hand desire decent marks, and as a result, the exams are of high significance to you, thus you cannot just feel "good" after, or at least not after stressing out - "Did I epic-FAIL on that?". LOL
totally unrelated but i really admire your atar aims. good luck to you!!

raniaaa

:)
HSC

This has seriously been my worst exam 'period' - emotionally (and who knows about marks?).

don't worry, i feel the same way. i guess you can't help feeling this way because you've put so much time and effort into these exams, and well, you really care about them. and of course this is only compounded by the lack of closure because as opposed to normal school assessments we don't actually get our exam papers back, hence can't see where we lost marks, try to appeal for more, etc. etc. and a complete lack of control since it is officially out of our hands, and it's no more "i can make up for it later". so i think it's perfectly normal to feel anxious about your exams (both the completed and upcoming ones), but at the same time i'm sure you feel a little "good", merely at the thought of never having to do it again. but just spend a couple of minutes after the exam reflecting on it, get it out of your system so it doesn't disrupt your other studies, and then move on. and that's about the only realistic advice i can give. :eek:

HSC

I would say this is absolutely normal, especially because the HSC is bound to be the most stressful exam period one faces thus far in their lives. Everyone copes differently with the stress of HSC exams and if you don't feel "good" straight after I don't think it makes a difference, especially since you don't think it's affected your marks. Besides, the people you've talked to might not be able to remember exactly how they felt if it's a while since they did their exams.

I've found my mind keeps going over the mistakes I've made afterwards but at the same time as long as we've put in our all there's only so much one can control.

While I can't "diagnose" you, keep your chin up and keeping striving for your goals and no matter what you feel immediately after your exams hopefully you'll be able to feel better again soon. :)

HSC
Agreed that Raniaaa's advice is very very good.

I feel the same way to a degree, except about SOR really, because it's quite easy to tell if you'll do well or not in it. I wouldn't have a clue about the Englishes though, it's pretty anxious for me.

Also, I really like most of my subjects so I don't have the happiness at not having to do them ever again which seems to counter the anxiety so many people have.

I say, don't worry, it's normal. And, judging by the actual amount of concern you're placing in your results, you will've done well anyway. Chin up, brother :)

pete000

HSC
N/A
You can not possibly do anything about them now. If you stuffed it then you stuffed it, hit the gym and it will relieve stress levels. Once you are able to bench 200 you'll know what I mean.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Aha, it's all relative.

You'd feel good about finishing the exam, but you won't feel so good if marks matter and you think you did crap.

If that's the case, don't let it get to you. Let the feeling go and ace the rest of your exams :)

boxhunter91

HSC
Aha, it's all relative.

You'd feel good about finishing the exam, but you won't feel so good if marks matter and you think you did crap.

If that's the case, don't let it get to you. Let the feeling go and ace the rest of your exams :)
Well said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)