Why give a hard exam and then have marks aligned? (1 Viewer)

Sormui~

i really dont understand the system too much.... i mean y give students a hard exam that a majority wont be able to handle and then have to have their marks aligned?? i mean give us an easy exam dammit!! saves our brain power and the examiners time.....

L45er

Booyakasha
HSC
But if it was easy, everyone would get 100% and then how could you distinguish between those who are far better than those who aren't... By making it hard, it stretches the marks, and allows true ability to be tested.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
umm....still kinda don't get the marking style...stuff it...let the BOARD do it~~ dunt wanna kill my extra brain cell~~ ekekek

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Okay, I may have misheard this, but Q1-8 differentiate between bands, Question 9 differentiates band 6 from the rest, and Question 10 splits up the top and bottom of band 6? Can anyone verify?

L45er

Booyakasha
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
Okay, I may have misheard this, but Q1-8 differentiate between bands, Question 9 differentiates band 6 from the rest, and Question 10 splits up the top and bottom of band 6? Can anyone verify?
I haven't heard that as such, but it is definately true that they get harder ie q1 easiest, q10 hardest (Generally). But q10 a) was fairly basic, and im not going to get band 6, so maybe not?

jiegu

HSC
normally how good u have to be in the hsc to get band 6 for 2u math???

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
It would vary - this wouldn't be true for all papers.

On the general premise that the questions usually increase in difficulty, I suppose you could use that as a guide though (but a guide for what, I'm not entirely sure).

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
to get a band 6 in mathematics, all u have 2 do, is do ur work. i think i got 1. ppl will say that im bosting, but with every exam this year with a raw mark of high 80's low 90's, id be upset not 2 get the band 6. its jus effort, i dont believe in natural talent. the ppl that work get the marks.

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
required effort is definitely true for the english aos, and im not saying that you can have a natural talent at maths and pass, but there are people who do 3 or 4 unit who are just naturals, i've seen them lol. otherwise, maths is all about the rules and formulae in my opinion, you just gotta learn em

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
If they make a test 'harder' it allows them to separate everyone according to ability more easily. The people at the very top are able to show their ability better than if there was an easy test

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
JamiL said:
the ppl that work get the marks.
agreed.
I stuffed a bit of the q 6 and some of q 9, couldn't do last bit of q 10. argh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)