• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

why does latham's approval rating keep dropping? (1 Viewer)

HSC
They are both fucking jokes. What Australia needs is a REAL politician who is not afraid to make the tough decisions.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
What we need is the European system of 5 parties forming a coalition to form government because none of them got enough votes.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
What we need is the European system of 5 parties forming a coalition to form government because none of them got enough votes.
Indeed this seems like an excellent plan!

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by Saddam Hussein
They are both fucking jokes. What Australia needs is a REAL politician who is not afraid to make the tough decisions.
how much bloody tougher do you want?? howard just sent australian troops to iraq, and whats more "tough" is that despite significant pressure he hasnt backed down... he has the guts to make a "tough" decision and stick with it...

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Putin could and would kick the arses of both Howard and Latham any day!

God he's awesome. Ex-KGB, almost authoritarian rule, great skier, pulling Russia out of the shitheap, that's a REAL politician who is not afraid to make tough decisions ;)

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
He made the decision??
I think it's been pretty obvious from the start that there has been a fair amount of coercion involved.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by eviltama
because latham's a liar.
all politicians are! howard being no exception

i dunno, i guess i just find it strange how his approval rating has been steadily on the decrease. is it because of all this iraq war conjecture, or is it normal for new leaders to have a 'honeymoon period' kind of and then things cool off.... a lot?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The other thing is that these newspolls and so on are questionable. They interview a handful of people (1,000ish), I don't think they're all that indicative of how people will vote or what the real situation is. Wait till the election I say.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Yeh exactly,
are you referring to the SMH poll, cos they have never backed labor except for Bob Carr in the last state election.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
yeah i'm talking bout what i read in the SMH... hmm yeah i should know to ignore polls, its just on the news practically every week about his approval rating dropping. i dont get it

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
His approval rate is dropping, can't deny that.
I just think that many Australian's placed lots of hope in him, seeing him as a strong, erudite leader after the travesties of Crean and Beazley. However I think people are starting to see him much more as the mad lunatic that he really is.

HSC
Originally posted by AGB
how much bloody tougher do you want?? howard just sent australian troops to iraq, and whats more "tough" is that despite significant pressure he hasnt backed down... he has the guts to make a "tough" decision and stick with it...
Tough is making WMD and not standing down despite the threat of US invasion

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I suppose he had the right start and buggered everything else up from there.
Being an 'average' working man helped. The majority of them could identify with him. Though, if I recall right, he hasn't really had a hard working job in his life, he just happens to come from a certain suburb in Sydney.
Certainly he seemed a better choice for most than the self serving rich loving Howard. He seemed more in touch with the people.
Another upside for him, as seen by many, was that he was Australian and supported Australia. He wasn't trying to make us into the 51st state of America, like Howard.

He began by saying what people wanted to hear. Then he kind of made a fool of himself by constantly changing his mind or contradicting himself.

I'm certain there are other blunders he has made, but theey're the ones of the top of my head.

His weak position on many topics has been against his best interests and kind of undermines the strength of his resolve.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
I think bashing a taxi driver gained him lots of kudos with the Australian voters

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
coz lathams dumb, australian politics is shithaus, we should follow the bangladeshy model ... ;)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Saddam Hussein
Tough is making WMD and not standing down despite the threat of US invasion
And tough is hiding in a hole and getting captured without a shot being fired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)