why do you all keep deleting my thread> (1 Viewer)

Splintax01

HSC
I make threads about textbook shaming to raise awareness about misleading textbook information and you delete my posts!!!!!111

this is rude and i have rights so stop pls <3

:D

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
I make threads about textbook shaming to raise awareness about misleading textbook information and you delete my posts!!!!!111

this is rude and i have rights so stop pls <3

:D
Everyone has rights, but that doesn't mean you can just whatever about them...
They have the right to delete your thread if they feel it is inappropriate.

If you have an issue contact moderators directly...
http://community.boredofstudies.org/653/contact-moderators/

If you have an issue with a particular thread about textbooks, then contact moderators directly rather than create a "shame" culture.

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
I don't see anything wrong with pointing out what's in a textbook.

Maybe the issue was copyright if you're posting pics/chunks of text?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The reason why your previous threads were deleted is because whilst it is legitimate to point out mistakes in textbooks, you make one mistake sound like the whole textbook is useless-which is extremely misleading (because at this rate, no textbook is flawless and we might as well not use any textbooks then). Because the reality is, rarely is there a single textbook that doesn't have a single mistake in it (we are humans after all), and I am sure people who actually think though questions and do them thoroughly will realise the mistakes in time. (It is not an anomaly there is a mistake somewhere in any textbook). Spamming this forum with threads on one or two mistakes in a textbook and creating a culture of panic does not facilitate learning in anyway. Perhaps if in the future you put all the textbook mistakes you have noticed on ONE thread and rephrase how you say things-i.e. excessive exclamation marks are not needed, then you are welcome to point out whatever mistake you have noticed.

I concur with Dan964 that you have rights, but remember those rights are privileges and you need to exercise them responsibly, with consideration for the potential impression your phrasing or behaviour can have on other users, otherwise those rights can be limited or taken away if you abuse or improperly exercise them.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)