• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

why do u study (1 Viewer)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Codename_Alpha said:
I study (cram) last minute because of the stupid expectations teachers have of me

Math Teacher expects me to get Band 6
Society teacher expectsme to top the year
History (Anc) teacher thinks I'm capable of great things
and to top it all off my bio teacher thinks I "exude a air of confidence and orgination"...what the hell

The only reason I stay up studying most of the night is because Im terrified of the look they will give me if I dont live up to their expectations...the dissapointment they would feel. I suppose its my own fault for getting a bit too close to some of them...

I feel like you alot of the time! my teacher told me she thinks i will come 1st in our entire grade for a subject ( i missed 2 whole terms of work) and she goes nah your heaps good dont catch up and im like what??!?!? CRAZY and yeah so i was scared to start this assign because i didnt want to stuff up becaue my teachers would be sooo disapointed in me! the only good thing u can make of it is motavation i guess

but it is sort of annoying coz if i do good in an assesment the teacher is just like yeah"thats coz ur naturally smart" and im like damn all those hours i studyied and it gets passed off as natural.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
*girl04* said:
I feel like you alot of the time! my teacher told me she thinks i will come 1st in our entire grade for a subject ( i missed 2 whole terms of work) and she goes nah your heaps good dont catch up and im like what??!?!? CRAZY and yeah so i was scared to start this assign because i didnt want to stuff up becaue my teachers would be sooo disapointed in me! the only good thing u can make of it is motavation i guess

but it is sort of annoying coz if i do good in an assesment the teacher is just like yeah"thats coz ur naturally smart" and im like damn all those hours i studyied and it gets passed off as natural.
Don't worry, I don't think anyone here was under the impression that you had anything resembling intelligence.:)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
so tat i can do sumfing worthwhile with the time.. otherwise id get bored.. and go 'postal' :p

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Hmmm and here was me thinking that BOS was a good way to procrastinate... Oh well, i'll procrastinate anyway. I have a serious problem with that. I want to study but i have a 2 second attention span. If and when i do study, it's cos i want to get into a decent course at uni... however that doesn't happen very often. If i screw up this year i'm going to repeat at tafe next year and then i can get a good uai (cos i'll already know it and it would give me a chance to learn the things that i've never understood.. like the whole chemistry course!). When i do study it's usually when i have something to prove.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Why do I study, because my trials started last friday so I should study now.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Pfft...don't see them again after the HSC exam...then no you can't see the teachers faces.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
In theory i am studying so that i can get into the course i want to, and so that i can be satisfied that when i look back i gave it my best shot. However the way things are going, i am not studying that much (and with trials starting on friday!) because either i have found more interesting things to do/think about (msn is a tool of the devil, i swear) or after that, it all looks like too much and i give up quite quickly.
Three cheers for the HSC... or not.

mack

Banned
HSC
I remind myself often- There is a point to studying, im not just doing it for fun, it will lead me somewhere. It is the only thing that has kept me sane today. It is now 12am, and ill be hitting the hay after a whopping 9 hours of study, starting round 2-3pm(Giving a one hour gap for a healthy dose of procrastination).

I am so hard-kore.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
ditto, screw paying some ridiculous amount of money for an education and a bit of paper to totally risk it by not studying.
besides, i really dont want 'ff' written on my academic transcript forever.
Yeah, no way i ever want to see and FF on my transcript..thats the only reason why i am staying up all night writing a shit essay to be handed in at 9am :(

Although I'm sure that there are people out there who do enjoy writing essays on the recent problems related to coal ships queuing off the port of newcastle :rolleyes:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
jhakka said:
"I really should procrastinate... Meh, I'll do that later." *studies*
Now that is a concept i can embrace...or at least I wish I could...:(

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i study cuz i have goals

of course, i'm not very motivated. all i want is money money money.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
all i want is bang bang bang, but what are you gonna do?

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
I study to get into the course that I want at the Uni that I want.
However, disppointment of family and teachers also plays a huge role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)