Why do some people get so disappointed about getting Pass Conceded? (1 Viewer)

bimatty

HSC
One of my friends got 47 (btw, this isn't me, I know most people are actually referring to themselves when they see 'my friend'), for one of his subjects. He had been expectin a fail, and I thought he'd be relieved, but he was really disappointed.

It still gives you credit points and 1 Point for your GPA, and therefore better than fail.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
if it was a prerequisite a PC might not have been high enough to get into another subject.

merillem

HSC
if it was a prerequisite a PC might not have been high enough to get into another subject.
bingo. PC sucks.

maybe your friend should have thought about studying harder during semester, then he wouldn't be disappointed now.

kevinant

HSC
PC is like a terminating pass, hence if you get a PC, it means you will get the credit points but can not do the subjects with the subject being prerequsite, therefore lots of ppls will disappointed with a PC
btw, if you are in actuarial studies, students will be very disappointed with getting a PASS.

ascentyx

HSC
Sorry for being a bit off topic but could you clarify this?

My friend got a PC in accg105 and wants to do accg253. The accg253 prereqs are:

Prerequisites: (ACCG100 or ACCG105 or ACCG106) and (ECON111 or BBA103) and (STAT170 or STAT171) and ACST101 and (27cp or GPA of 2.00)

He passed econ111, stat171 and acst101 so that's no worry. Does a PC still let you do the next subject ( use it as a prereq).

Mathmatics85

HSC
Sorry for being a bit off topic but could you clarify this?

My friend got a PC in accg105 and wants to do accg253. The accg253 prereqs are:

Prerequisites: (ACCG100 or ACCG105 or ACCG106) and (ECON111 or BBA103) and (STAT170 or STAT171) and ACST101 and (27cp or GPA of 2.00)

He passed econ111, stat171 and acst101 so that's no worry. Does a PC still let you do the next subject ( use it as a prereq).
yeah. cuz the above does not have (P) as req. if there was, say ACCG105(P), ur friend would've had to repeat.

Monstar

HSC
yeah. cuz the above does not have (P) as req. if there was, say ACCG105(P), ur friend would've had to repeat.
Dude PC sux for the very reason maths said.

sup maths, considered what you're doing next sem? im still chucking up between acst300 and accg329.

ms88

HSC
Also if you're in professional accounting degree and want to eventually complete the Chartered Accountant program then you can only have a limited amount of PC's. If you have more then 2 then you need to repeat the subject.

bimatty

HSC
bingo. PC sucks.

maybe your friend should have thought about studying harder during semester, then he wouldn't be disappointed now.
Yeah, I agree. He does economics though, and I do arts.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
they are asian and want to get 100% for everything

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Just because it isn't a fail doesn't mean it's not a pretty pathetic mark.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
Just because it isn't a fail doesn't mean it's not a pretty pathetic mark.

yeh but would rather repeat?

i dont think so

just accept what it is, and actually do some work next semester, stop crying honestly, or if its that bad, kill yourself

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Obviously, but you can still see why people would get the shits. It would take a while for your gpa to recover as well.

bimatty

HSC
Obviously, but you can still see why people would get the shits. It would take a while for your gpa to recover as well.
True, but if you're sure you'e going to fail, then you get 45, you'd have to be pretty happy. I know my friend bludged all semester, then got 44. He'd kill for 45.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I know the old 'P's get degree's' is often pointed out, but i can't help but wonder what the fuck people like that are doing at uni (unless you had an unusually bad semester for some reason or another). Why go if you don't put any effort in whatsoever? Just my non-relevant thoughts.

bimatty

HSC
I know the old 'P's get degree's' is often pointed out, but i can't help but wonder what the fuck people like that are doing at uni (unless you had an unusually bad semester for some reason or another). Why go if you don't put any effort in whatsoever? Just my non-relevant thoughts.
I completely agree. It's kind of a defeatist attitude. I guess a lot of people just see it as kind of a bludge, before full time work.

blackrider89

HSC
I'm not focusing on the effect a PC causes to GPA. In fact the different of getting 45 or 64 is 19 marks but only 1 in GPA. And decidedly one has a PC shouldn't have expected any higher grade than a Pass as well. So the difference here is only 1 in GPA. Is it much? I suppose not.

So why (given ur pov is quite rite, and I think so 2)? It's because even u don't fail, u take it as a Fail. Just like the uni is feeling poor 4 u so they don't fail u, rite? In usual grading system, there is nothing like PC (at least it is in my homeland's grading system as well). It's like a pathetic gift 4 some lazy and ignorant students, lol. And one gets it feel something like "shame on u to get this". Any one agrees?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)