Why do so few try? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
NickyFM said:
I really like religion and i do find it odd that it scales up in a similar way to business considering business studies has a shitload more to remember and is much harder!
depends on what level your doing and how you define "harder"
2u=2 major essays + 2 minor essays+ 2 one page responses + multichoice (whoopty do!) all based upon a pretty broad syllabus....

like I said, depends on what you mean by "harder"

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Why exactly do some schools force you to do 2U/1U Religion? This is something I have never understood, it sounds horrible.

umaycallmealex

HSC
smiller said:
The reason that it scales up is because so many people who go well in other subjects do not try in SOR. Therefore because so many go well in all their other subjects and do not even bother for SOR it seems that it is a harder subject which increases the scaling of it...pretty stupid hey
oh mad it's like the opposite of modern languages, which should be scaled up more but tons of native speakers do it and do well but don't try at anything else...
i dont do religion its not offered at my school but im very curious. is it a good course?

oth16

HSC
i lovee SORI

last year i hated it and didnt bother with it & thus got put into the "dumber" class for this year. That was kinda a wake up call when i realised that i was the only extension english student in there... all the others were in the "smart" class, so i actually listened and applied myself this year and now i am 7/81 wooo hoo baby =) ! take that smart class =P

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
supercalamari said:
Why exactly do some schools force you to do 2U/1U Religion? This is something I have never understood, it sounds horrible.
compulsory in Catholic schools for obvious reasons

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally Posted by smiller
The reason that it scales up is because so many people who go well in other subjects do not try in SOR. Therefore because so many go well in all their other subjects and do not even bother for SOR it seems that it is a harder subject which increases the scaling of it...pretty stupid hey

umaycallmealex said:
oh mad it's like the opposite of modern languages, which should be scaled up more but tons of native speakers do it and do well but don't try at anything else...
i dont do religion its not offered at my school but im very curious. is it a good course?
Thats an oversimplification of an extremely complicated concept.

Yes, progress in other subjects helps but numbers and perceived degree of difficulty also contributes..it has always been seen as moderately difficult subject because of the outcomes and the content in all incarnations of the syllabus (UNSW used to do ranking exercises on HSC subjects and SOR 1 and 2 always was in the top 10 subjects)
+ 2 units students throw your theory out as most choose to do it (ie they have to do it) for units requirements .: one would have to assume that they do try...and SOR 2 'scales' better than SOR 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)