Why do people study at interstate universities? (1 Viewer)

Jake Matthews

HSC
Hi everybody!

I am wondering, if someone is considering doing Biomedicine/Science/Engineering, are there any benefits for him/her to do their university course interstate instead of at their home state?

And generally speaking, is it better for students to study outside of their state or within their state? If someone wanted to study Engineering or Science at an interstate university, how would the person support themselves financially? Would they have to get a job? And if so, wouldn't this be difficult with full-time study? How do university students usually manage to study interstate as well as support themselves financially? Is it a hard process? I've never lived alone before and I'm just considering interstate.

Anyway, any help regarding my questions will be deeply appreciated!

nisseltaria

HSC
Some people have the misfortune of being born in Queensland, Tasmania or the Northern Territories.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Because UWA is a sack of shit

if you want to move out and are already recieving centrelink payments - its better to move interstate as you get more monies

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Some people have the misfortune of being born in Queensland, Tasmania or the Northern Territories.
There are 2 good universities in Queensland, and 1 in Tasmania. But often that can be the case.

I moved from NSW to QLD, to attend Griffith. I'm glad I did too...

HSC
sometimes you have to move to get where you want to go - not everyone is born near a top university /their preferred university

i'm from country nsw, living in sydney on centrelink payments, i worked nights at oporto last year (i'm a science student - long uni hours) ... this year i havent been able to get a job and while it is better for my studies i dont have much money for luxuries... its just how it is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)