Why do I keep hurting people? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I am having much trouble right now because seemingly almost every time I open my mouth and say something, I seem to hurt someone, especially the ones close to me. I don't mean to; it just happens. I've hurt my mum, sister, best friend, I even hurt my ex-girlfriend when we were still together. I don't know what to do any more, and if I hurt anyone else, I'm just going to break down. I can't take it. I never mean to hurt anyone, it just happens. What can I do?

Chocco starfish

HSC
Uni Grad
Well you could cut your tongue out, therefore you can't talk, therefore you can't make a complete arse of yourself.

nojess

HSC
I find that when I'm stressed I can be a bit short and rude with people, and end up hurting their feelings without realising.
You just have to try to think about how people are going to react to the things you say.
My mum always says "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

MissSquiggly

HSC
N/A
I do that too. It's ok!!!

Think before you speak. Even if it takes a while to get a good reply to whatever they are saying.

Say things that you mean, like honestly, and don't say anything that's rude - because you're bound to think back and regret it.

Audranda

HSC
When I read the title, I initially thought physically hurting someone accidentally.

I have the tendency to blurt out something crude (generally without intent).

Just consider what you're about to say before you speak. If this however fails, apologising and showing remorse will probably alleviate your guilt.

Quadro

HSC
N/A
I tend to think really bad of people who open threads like these...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)