why do fobby asians do that peace sign? (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Found this:
There are a bunch of theories as to the origin of the V sign—either a peace sign or a Winston Churchill-style victory symbol, depending on which story you go with—in Japanese culture, many of which can be found on the Wikipedia page on the subject. The most widely disseminated seems to be that when U.S. figure skater Janet Lynn fell during the 1972 Winter Olympics in Sapporo, she kept smiling and flashed the peace sign even while ass-down on the ice, making her an overnight sensation in Japan. Copycats followed her lead.
There's a lot of pedantic reasoning floating around rationalizing the sign's popularity in photographs—it allows expressiveness in a notoriously reserved culture; it serves as a non-verbal "cheese," indicating readiness to be photographed; and, most oddly, that it draws attention away from the subjects' small eyes—but there seems to be a general consensus on one thing: It's deeply ingrained in the culture. Japan Today asked young Japanese people why they make the V sign, and one respondent said, "I make the peace sign but I don't know why I do it, who invented it and when we started doing this. I think I've been doing it since I was born. The peace sign gesture must have been programmed in my DNA, or foreigners mind-controlled Japanese to make the peace sign subconsciously when we pose for a photo to keep the peace after the war."
Mind control may be a bit of a stretch, but it's worth noting that the sign is extremely present in anime/manga and commercial television, no doubt aiding in its popularity among school kids. The symbol's association with these have no doubt helped link it to the concept of "kawaii," or cuteness, a prominent aspect of modern Japanese pop culture and fashion (think Hello Kitty, sailor uniforms, and pigtails)...

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
tbh. i HATE asians who do the peace sign with a passion everytime they take a photo.

wtf is wrong with you. to me its embarassing.. sigh. why must you do that

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
tbh. i HATE asians who do the peace sign with a passion everytime they take a photo.

wtf is wrong with you. to me its embarassing.. sigh. why must you do that
same...and those photo booths...and their love for "cute" things...like hello kitty...i like asians...most my mates are asians and i like asian girls but TBH i dont/cant understand that bullshit...i find its mostly north-east ones that do it...eg. koreans, chinese and japs

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
same...and those photo booths...and their love for "cute" things...like hello kitty...i like asians...most my mates are asians and i like asian girls but TBH i dont/cant understand that bullshit...i find its mostly north-east ones that do it...eg. koreans, chinese and japs
i'm asian.. i cant stand it at all. i just dont get it. and how they do their lil pouting of the lips when their sad or wants their bf to get them shit. harden the fuck up. dont do that shit arghhhh

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
i'm asian.. i cant stand it at all. i just dont get it. and how they do their lil pouting of the lips when their sad or wants their bf to get them shit. harden the fuck up. dont do that shit arghhhh
because they are portraying the whole china doll stereotype...also their boyfrends look more like a girl than themselves haha

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Why don't you tell them? Looks like they need a bit of tough love to avoid being ridiculed in Australia.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Please turn the the volume on your racist diatribes agiasnt ethnic minorities. Stop being a megaphone for hate. Bigot.
If you read the post a few above, you will see that she is infact asian herself.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
If you read the post a few above, you will see that she is infact asian herself.
Self racism is still racism as you're still discriminating against a race. The fact that it happens to be the one that you belong to does not change that.

philphie

Banned
HSC
the reason is actually more sinister. their peace sign is really an antenna and this is how they gather information and are so smart but are so bad at life. they always do it while being photographed to remember where hot spots are, that's the one piece of information they always forget because they are bad at directions. it's also a way of isolating themselves from other races because they hate every other race except theres and this is why you always see them hanging amongst their own kind.

obviously i'm just kind heartedly slagging them off so don't take it too seriously. i have asian friends and i'm part asian....

...but i'm a self hating one...

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
Why don't you tell them? Looks like they need a bit of tough love to avoid being ridiculed in Australia.
true. but i wouldnt really want to talk to them.

thank you. and exactly read before you say anything.

Self racism is still racism as you're still discriminating against a race. The fact that it happens to be the one that you belong to does not change that.
i didnt mean i hate asians. i said i asians who do that. i hate the fact they do the peace sign. didnt mean asians in general der

philphie

Banned
HSC
true. but i wouldnt really want to talk to them.

thank you. and exactly read before you say anything.

i didnt mean i hate asians. i said i asians who do that. i hate the fact they do the peace sign. didnt mean asians in general der
it's okay to hate asians

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
the reason is actually more sinister. their peace sign is really an antenna and this is how they gather information and are so smart but are so bad at life. they always do it while being photographed to remember where hot spots are, that's the one piece of information they always forget because they are bad at directions. it's also a way of isolating themselves from other races because they hate every other race except theres and this is why you always see them hanging amongst their own kind.

obviously i'm just kind heartedly slagging them off so don't take it too seriously. i have asian friends and i'm part asian....

...but i'm a self hating one...
thats true

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)