Why do Africans have babies when they obviously don't have the means to support them? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tau281290

HSC
Re: Why do Africans have babies when they obviously don't have the means to support t

Kwayera said:
Well that's more than a little racist.

You're correct about the patriarchal societies, but that's not the whole issue. I mean, people in the freaking US don't use condoms half the time because "they're against God" or they're simply not educated about it.
They shouldn't be having sex in the first place before marriage.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Re: Why do Africans have babies when they obviously don't have the means to support t

tau281290 said:
They shouldn't be having sex in the first place before marriage.
Oh god, not that again. Grow up.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

So which is it, Kwayera? Sex without consequences or farms without labour?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

Iron said:
So which is it, Kwayera? Sex without consequences or farms without labour?
Er.. both?

The hunter/gatherer lifestyle is actually a much healthier way to live (and more environmentally sustainable). Down with the farms!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Kwayera said:
Er.. both?

The hunter/gatherer lifestyle is actually a much healthier way to live (and more environmentally sustainable). Down with the farms!
So they must breed to survive, but the Church is a monster for not permitting Christian Africans the choice to DIE?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Rogue elements, not the official position

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

Iron said:
So they must breed to survive, but the Church is a monster for not permitting Christian Africans the choice to DIE?
Oh quiet, you :p

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
One reason that is less intellectual sounding is that Africans love children , and place a lot of value on big families. The more the merrier it seems.
I know people that work with Africans (in Africa:p ) and they say Africans will not accept contraception. Not because they are catholic , but because they cannot conceive of wanting to limit children.
I also have met and spoken with many African refugees just recently myself, they also loved children and wanted large families.
So...?
I don't know. Aso worthy of mention is that not all africans are starving.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

zimmerman8k said:
Ummm yeah, for a global population of < 2 billion.
Well our current path is certainly unsustainable. Have you read my thoughts on phosphate reserves?

African life expectancy is expected to reach 60 years soon. Meanwhile the population will double from 0.9 billion to 1.8 billion. This all assumes AIDS doesn't get too far out of control, but that may well happen since prevalence rates are reaching above 50% of the population in some areas.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

Oh? You're not concerned about an irreplacable mineral that's essential to our food supply hitting peak within 30 years? Sooner if people keep using biofuels.

This recent food shortage is due to a 700% increase in phosphate prices due to disruption from use in biofuel crops.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

zimmerman8k said:
"C[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]ombined with other organic sources like manure and food waste, the phosphorus value in urine and faeces can essentially replace the demand for phosphate rock."

Problem Solved.
[/FONT]
Did you keep reading? Recycling would only help if we started it now.

If we started recycling when we hit peak phosphate, we'd be up shit creek without a paddle. Scuse the pun.

Certainly, as it stands right now we don't have the infrastructure or technology to roll out organic matter recycling on a large scale.

Pink Oni

HSC

What about rape?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

zimmerman8k said:
"C[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]ombined with other organic sources like manure and food waste, the phosphorus value in urine and faeces can essentially replace the demand for phosphate rock."

Problem Solved.
[/FONT]
Peak Phosphorus- the elephant in the room.

The phosphorus in urine and faeces comes largely from food and crops. Every time you eat something you're depleting the soil supply of phosphorus. Recycling is conceptually an easy solution, but in reality we'll have to spend a huge amount of money and energy to make it widespread enough to make a difference, and capture a significant portion of the global phosphorus waste.

The alternative is massive food shortages globally.

It's really shocking it's never mentioned in mainstream press. Possibly the largest problem facing modern biology and agriculture.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

zimmerman8k said:
Phosphorous reaches a certain price where it becomes economically profitable for people to install these human waste collectors.

People start installing them more and more.

By the time phosphorous is almost entirely depleted (estimated at least 50 years), their use is widespread.
Get back to me in 30 years and I'll be all like "I told you so." and richer than YOUR MUM because I invested in phosphorus before it hit peak. You'll be on the ground begging me for a few morsels of food.

30 years is just the right amount of time for me to perfect a maniacal laugh, too.

Graney said:
Peak Phosphorus- the elephant in the room.

The phosphorus in urine and faeces comes largely from food and crops. Every time you eat something you're depleting the soil supply of phosphorus. Recycling is conceptually an easy solution, but in reality we'll have to spend a huge amount of money and energy to make it widespread enough to make a difference, and capture a significant portion of the global phosphorus waste.

The alternative is massive food shortages globally.

It's really shocking it's never mentioned in mainstream press. Possibly the largest problem facing modern biology and agriculture.
Indeed.

LAMBERS16

HSC
Dr.Chau said:
Seriously, I'm not being at all racist here! I love everyone.

My question is: Why do people in Africa breed when they so obviously don't have enough to support themselves?

I've always wondered this when I see those WorldVision ads on TV.
Interesting word choice: 'breed'. You make them intentionally sound like animals.
And don't reply with 'I didn't know how else to word it' kinda shit, coz you could have said something like pro-create.

Azurie

HSC

LAMBERS16 said:
Interesting word choice: 'breed'. You make them intentionally sound like animals.
And don't reply with 'I didn't know how else to word it' kinda shit, coz you could have said something like pro-create.
Geez have a cry, you can have a go at him for saying other stuff, but using the word breed? whats next?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Slidey said:
Oh? You're not concerned about an irreplacable mineral that's essential to our food supply hitting peak within 30 years? Sooner if people keep using biofuels.

This recent food shortage is due to a 700% increase in phosphate prices due to disruption from use in biofuel crops.
Again with your voodoo pseudoscience!

Last edited:

humiliation

HSC

tau281290 said:
I think it is because African societies holds values in an old patriarchal society where men dominate women. Men just want pleasure from their wives. Women are too submissive to resist. Little do they know about the knowledge most of the world does - contraception and STD. Also adding to the fact that their lives are not as competitive as advanced civilisations. There is little motivation to suceed in life. So men just get more and more sex simply because it is fun. Furthermore, they don't know how to learn from history. They still never learn after seeing so many of their people contracting AIDS.
maybe they dont know? Third world countries dont have the advanced infrastructures that ours do, thus no phones no tv etc. And what someone said earlier is right, the more you have the more likely you are to have survivors.

Regardless this whole thread reeks of racism. Fuck you

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)