• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why did you choose Legal Studies? (For anyone who did/does HSC Legal Studies) (1 Viewer)

cxlxoxk

HSC
Me:

I saw "The Interpreter" in Year 10. I still love it now too =). It was on the other night, and i was like YAY =D YAY =D YAY =D!'

Nicole Kidman was awesome at acting as a UN Interpreter!

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
so i knew how the system that controls our lives works

HSC
well i actually hadnt picked it when i entered yr 11. i had chosen chemistry but it was SO BORING that after 2 lessons i had to leave & the only other subject i liked on that line was legal so i did it :)
& i am so happy with the move because in the prelim year i was one of the highest in legal & got marks all over 80% :D

Gintoki

HSC
Mainly because I liked/was good at commerce in yr 8/9/10, and nothing else good on that line.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
I did it in year 9/10. Interesting nonetheless. To me it seems like knowledge you can always use. You'll have that slightly higher level of understanding about the law than those who don't. Gets better in year 12, that's for sure.

verdades

HSC
Because I find law interesting.
I, also, hadn't picked it to start with. I was doing Music 2 by distance education for the first term of year 11, and failing miserably at it, so my teacher more or less told me "you should really drop this and pick up something else, either Music 1 or something completely different".
So I chose legal by distance.

Topped my exam, too.
And after half a term in it, I was coming third in assessment and exam ranking. And I only did the exam for kicks.
So it's something that I like, and that I do well in. Win all round.

HSC
I was duped into thinking that i would want to have a career in Law and hence Legal Studies was the obvious subject selection. I wush wrong.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
kevinx2 said:
I was duped into thinking that i would want to have a career in Law and hence Legal Studies was the obvious subject selection. I wush wrong.
partially the same story.

legal studies is basically the first semester of an LLB.

~Fire Jade~

HSC
I thought legal studies was interesting (I was misled). And I thought it would be fun to sprout legal crap at ppl.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
~Fire Jade~ said:
I thought legal studies was interesting (I was misled). And I thought it would be fun to sprout legal crap at ppl.
haha i do that so often.

my parents just can't even argue against me now. i just point out fallacies and stuff. i love it. they hate it, cos they know they can't compete.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
cxlxoxk said:
Me:

I saw "The Interpreter" in Year 10. I still love it now too =). It was on the other night, and i was like YAY =D YAY =D YAY =D!'

Nicole Kidman was awesome at acting as a UN Interpreter!
you're gay! that's super

HSC
cos all the other subjects that ran at that time were crap as! haha!
but im so glad i picked it...absolutely love it :D

Rainie

HSC
I did it because I was interested in it. I didn't like Maths or Science, so Legal Studies filled the gap. And I love the humanities side :)

rajputsingh

HSC
My opinion is that regarding legal studies and the social sciences in general, you either "have it" or u dont a good indication would be if u did commerce and how well u did in that for years 9 and 10 although the topics and area of study may be different, they are from the same department and interlink in certain ways and apply the same principles in ur study and information in general

HSC
rajputsingh said:
My opinion is that regarding legal studies and the social sciences in general, you either "have it" or u dont a good indication would be if u did commerce and how well u did in that for years 9 and 10 although the topics and area of study may be different, they are from the same department and interlink in certain ways and apply the same principles in ur study and information in general
i dont think thats an indication at all.
i did commerce & i sucked majorly at it.
im doing legal & top of the class.

HSC
Franman said:
This. Although I sort of regret dismissing Chemistry so easily...It would have been nice to try it out lol.
hahaha oh my god well i did just that. i had initially picked chem!
horrible! horrible! horrible! thank god i got out when i did!

0hNivlek

HSC
I chose legal studies because i found it really interesting in yr 9-10 commerce. I was called for an important meeting with my year advisor about my subject choices, it happened that i chose Legal Studies for Line 4 and Line 6...all the maths teacher laughed at me omg. LOL.

I hated it in Year11 cause my teacher sucked but now i got a different teacher and she rocks. My favourite subject along with Modern history (because it's the same teacher LOL).

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
cos i THOUGHT it somehow helped in case i wanted to be a lawyer =)

plus it has the side benefits of making you a smart smartass, 'dad, that contravenes statute law under Crimes Amendment (Computer Crimes) Act 1999' xD

word of warning though, you need to ace it or it might scale not so well. i thought i would smash it but it ended up pulling me down

rajputsingh

HSC
supposively but im not quite sure but i believe the legal studies course is closely related to the 1st year uni topic introduction 2 law

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)