Why China is Australia's most important ally (1 Viewer)

mark639

HSC
China is important to australia becuz of the fact their economy is growing and thus they will require minerals and australia has minerals and is close to china.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
China is nothing like it was in the second World War. China's ability to manufacture anything from space technology, to household appliances, to military equipment has greatly increased.

lokilokii said:
...the only asian country that we would potentially go to war with would be in fact North Korea
How and in what circumstances? That's such an utterly retarded suggestion.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Sam China's quite fucked at the moment, my main man. Go read the figuhz. I was equally as :O about it.

zstar

HSC
N/A
lokilokii said:
Economics aside, China doesn't have the greatest track record militarily.

World war 2 , Killing their own took priority over stopping the Japanese invaders, It was the Americans who came rolling around the pacific and saved us from retreating to the south side of Australia to fight the invading Japanese.

The Korean war we fought was with USA on our side against China and Russia.

To this day North Korea and china are allies, north Korea's only trading partner, and the only asian country that we would potentially go to war with would be in fact North Korea and once again china would support north korea and USA would support us (Or we support them)

You're talking about something that happened over 60 yrs ago during great chaos and civil war.

Completely irrelevant to today.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I dun reckon that China is as close to Aus as the US. They're important but they're not a friend.

US helps Australia out man. Like that time we requested their help with East Timor and they snubbed us.

atreus

HSC
Australia will be treated as the middle man. We have a good relationship with the US and an ok one with China, so when the 2 wanna talk, we can translate.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I doubt that. China and the US are a little more mature in their international relations than say, Israel (a country that requires a middle man). And also Australia is puny and weak. Yep.

zstar

HSC
N/A
Australia's a trade partner but not an ally.

China's allies are Russia, North Korea, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, Venezuela, Iran, Central Asian nations and a few others.

Australia belongs to the U.S, NATO axis.

lokilokii

HSC
sam04u said:
China is nothing like it was in the second World War. China's ability to manufacture anything from space technology, to household appliances, to military equipment has greatly increased.
What will they invent next, the internet?
sam04u said:
How and in what circumstances? That's such an utterly retarded suggestion.
Speaking in the theoretical sense for a military ally, China would only deter countries in close proximity too its self, North Korea being the only rogue in the area (that i know of), being labeled as part of "the Axis of evil" and have reactivated their nuclear weapon program much too the horror of the U.S.A. In Theory if we ever needed china in the future for military assistance, it would be a campaign to disarm North Korea unless those tribes from PNG come out of the forest and attack us with bows and arrows. Now if a European country attack us, I honestly couldn't imagine china putting the effort to send their outdated ships to repel invaders let alone stop the pirates in their own oceans. With USA having a military budget of $651.2 billion and leading in war technology (And selling us all our military machines and munitions ) as opposed to China and their budget of $59 billion, I know who I'll be betting on.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)