Why can't I study maths!!!!! (1 Viewer)

chris42

HSC
Hey,

Have any of you find it near impossible when it comes to studying maths... Any time I try whatever I learn it seems to go in one ear and out the other. Then I end up throwing my pen out the window!!!! :confused:

Any one experiencing a similar thing ?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by chris42
Hey,

Have any of you find it near impossible when it comes to studying maths... Any time I try whatever I learn it seems to go in one ear and out the other. Then I end up throwing my pen out the window!!!! :confused:

well yeah, sometimes it happens...but then again i get happy when i work out the question. :D

anyway, it might help to rem. that maths is a doing subject!!! not just reading.

Rahul

Dead Member
get the pen back and have a go at another question. :D

practice is the only solution for maths, unfortunately.

chris42

HSC
Yeah I know.. What happens though when ever question you attempt doesn't work out.. grrr...!!

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Meh, haven't started studying for maths yet...only cos I do general, so all weekend and monday should be enough study for me :D

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
practice is the only solution for maths, unfortunately.
No there are 2 solutions. The first one is what you suggested, the second one is to do what i did and drop it! :D

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
If you don't already have one, get a book of past HSC papers. Then do them. I've almost done a whole book for both 2 and 3 unit because we finished the courses ages ago. What you do is you try and do a whole exam... then when you get to a question you can't do, think about it first, then if you still can't do it, get out your notes and figure out how you should approach the question, then do it... that way you are actively engaging with the question instead of reading notes... because maths is practical and you have to use the skills rather than just regurgitate info practise is the best thing. I feel pretty confident about maths on Monday but only because I have worked my way through the past papers and it gets to the stage where you don't need your notes at all.

Another technique is to write all the formulas you need to know on flash cards. Write the formula on one side and what the formula is for on the other side and then quiz yourself... it's easier to learn and that way you are once again actively engaging with the info rather than just reading it over and over.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by chris42
Then I end up throwing my pen out the window!!!! :confused:

hahaha, no sorry

just keep doing questions till you can do them, when you can do them you will want to do more

N

ND

Originally posted by iambored
just keep doing questions till you can do them, when you can do them you will want to do more
Hahah i wish that worked. I always get over it by about question 4, and i end up just going through going 'yep i can do that one', 'yep that one's easy', 'yep', 'yep' etc. without actually doing them. A lazy maths student? Who would have thought?!

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by tonberry_kun
i love maths :D
ditto... i just do practice paper after practice paper...

some ppl can just do maths and understand it.. others cant

MATHS I LOVE YOU... ENGLISH GO TO HELL

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i love maths :)
but im not that good at it compared to other people! that's my motivation in studying and kicking all em showoffs!!!!!

yeah that's right maths is like a sport to me! (nerd talk) ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)