Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (1 Viewer)

mazarati

HSC
Independent polling show almost 80% of Australians want euthanasia legalized, and only 4% of Australians oppose abortion under all circumstances (it is currently criminalized under all circumstances).

Euthanasia
http://www.abc.n et.au/news/stories/2009/05/25/2579684.htm

http://www.abc.n et.au/news/politics/2002/07/item20020723142705_1.htm

Abortion
http://www.lifenews.c om/int1337.html

Links intentionally broken, because BOS hyperlinks aren't working atm, just fill in the gaps if you care.
Interestingly, Islam allows abortion for women in special circumstances:

- the woman has been raped

- having a baby will seriously harm the health of the woman

pffttt...and you call us backward >>

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC

and so does Judaism..I don't know about in rape, but they allow abortion when the mother's health is in danger. They also allow contraception...

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A

Qur'an 4:34 also says you should beat your wife if she refuses to have sex with you. You can force her to consent through violence. What do we call sex without consent again?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Qur'an 4:34 also says you should beat your wife if she refuses to have sex with you. You can force her to consent through violence. What do we call sex without consent again?
Surprise se- Rape.

lolokay

HSC
No kidding. I meant that believing in both creationism and evolution is an oxymoron.
from wikipedia:
"Creationism refers to the religious belief[1] that humanity, life, the Earth, and the universe were created in some form by a supernatural being or beings, commonly a single deity. However the term is more commonly used to refer to religiously motivated rejection of natural biological processes, in particular evolution,"

I would assume the person was referring to the former, more broad meaning (which says nothing about evolution), not the latter

Last edited:

mazarati

HSC
In Islam, there;s no such thing as rape within marriage.

doesn't say you "should" but that you "could." He can't beat a woman if she refuses sex because she's sick, has her periods or has some valid reason for refusing. Plus theres rulings on HOW you beat her - that is, you're not allowed to get too violent,

but you can see how if wives refuse sex to their husbands...its only going to encourage husbands to have extra marital affairs.

besides, you can;t blanket quote the Quran. most of the statements in the Quran are expanded on in Hadith. If all th explanations of rulings were in the Quran, it would be 100 times bigger. one such hadith is "the best among you are those who are best to their wives." Hence its preferable to not beat your wife.

and in the end, the woman can always divorce her husband if she doesn't like the way he treats her.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
He can't beat a woman if she refuses sex because she's sick, has her periods or has some valid reason for refusing. Plus theres rulings on HOW you beat her - that is, you're not allowed to get too violent,
Err... what if she refuses sex because she just doesn't feel like it? Are there any "non-valid" reasons for a wife to refuse sex? lol

but you can see how if wives refuse sex to their husbands...its only going to encourage husbands to have extra marital affairs.
and this would be worse than being raped by your husband? okay.

sydchick

HSC
N/A
People are sick. This is disgusting.

Thank fuck we live in Australia.

Azurie

HSC
Err... what if she refuses sex because she just doesn't feel like it? Are there any "non-valid" reasons for a wife to refuse sex? lol.
She doesn't have a right to refuse sex ?

LOL at the person arguing with it says He "Can" Hit his wife, but doesn't tell him he "SHOULD"

The logic is so stupid, Eye for an Eye, blah blah, To be honest that's why its barbaric, the only thinking is, if he hits me, I hit him harder.

ITT : Hijacked by people defending how people call Islam backwards, and only providing information which makes the statement true.

guff

HSC
Christians are the majority. Thus they have not only the majority of people, but the majority of idiots (remembering that the majority of people are also idiots - this means a lot of idiots). Christianity (and many other monalithic theisms) is a sect, where the argument of choice for its followers is generally a similiar line; "it's true because I told you so". So, there isn't a lot of intelligent debate going on.
Christians react - that's why they're targeted for provocation.

As a another note; too many christians don't know enough about their own beliefs - and rather than using the bible as an insturment of precise argument (it has the ability to be argumentative dynamite) they swing it around like a large log - hoping to hit a sleeping opponent in the head -- just because you can read the first line, then hurl it (given it's a deadly projectile - ask my foot) doesn't mean you're an informed Christian. Whenever I get the chance, I read into Christianity (especially, because it surrounds me), and whilst I would hope I know less about it than the truly devout, I know much more about it than any Christians I'm close too.

P.S. Christians shouldn't laugh at me when I do something supersitious. I don't put new shoes on the table because it's bad luck, and I don't really need my shoes on the table so it's no skin off my nose. I don't walk underneath ladders because that's a DUMB idea! I don't need four Christian friends laughing because I am superstitous... really, I'm not the one who thinks an omnipotent being is watching me get lucky.

guff

HSC
In Islam, there's no such thing as rape within marriage.quote]

In Australia there is such thing as 'aggrevated sexual assault' (as 'rape' does not exist - well, rape is a crop to me) within marriage. We aren't a nation under Islamic (sha'ri - I'm not sure how to spell it, but I can say it) law ('yet' - if you're nearly as socially-handicaped as Danna Vale).

The Christians had a racing team on the Mount, I'd like to see a team Mohammed!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
In Islam, there;s no such thing as rape within marriage.
Gee, what a surprise!

doesn't say you "should" but that you "could." He can't beat a woman if she refuses sex because she's sick, has her periods or has some valid reason for refusing. Plus theres rulings on HOW you beat her - that is, you're not allowed to get too violent,

besides, you can;t blanket quote the Quran. most of the statements in the Quran are expanded on in Hadith. If all th explanations of rulings were in the Quran, it would be 100 times bigger. one such hadith is "the best among you are those who are best to their wives." Hence its preferable to not beat your wife.

and in the end, the woman can always divorce her husband if she doesn't like the way he treats her.
Are you seriously defending a man beating up his wife in any circumstance?

mazarati

HSC
and this would be worse than being raped by your husband? okay.
I'd hardly call it rape, having sex with your husband when you don't feel like it. I mean this is your HUSBAND, not some random guy off the street.

Example: my little brother wants to see some kids movie. I really don't feel like it.

but, I am the only one who is available to take him and so, despite having a million better things to do, I see the movie with him, because I love and care for my little brother.

Example 2: my pregnant friend's husband goes out at 3am in the morning to try and find her some ice cream. why? not because he feels like interrupting a good night;s sleep but because he loves and cares for her.

Napstar

Banned
HSC
I'd hardly call it rape, having sex with your husband when you don't feel like it. I mean this is your HUSBAND, not some random guy off the street.

Example: my little brother wants to see some kids movie. I really don't feel like it.

but, I am the only one who is available to take him and so, despite having a million better things to do, I see the movie with him, because I love and care for my little brother.

Example 2: my pregnant friend's husband goes out at 3am in the morning to try and find her some ice cream. why? not because he feels like interrupting a good night;s sleep but because he loves and cares for her.
You just compared having to watch Cheaper by the Dozen 2 against your will with sex against your will.

I don't even... I'm... jesus christ.

mazarati

HSC
Gee, what a surprise!

Are you seriously defending a man beating up his wife in any circumstance?

No. but because I'm a Muslim, I don't pick or choose ideas, just because they conform to Western standards.

Besides, men beating up women is extremely common. Domestic violence, whether physical, verbal or financial occurs in almost every household. we hear about it in the media all the time.

Napstar

Banned
HSC
hmm, ok , i think even you didnt understand what you wrote.

either way it doesnt matter.

evolution is still not a fact.

evolution is just a popular idea of how life got to where it is now.
I think the best thing for you to do is probably kill yourself.

Or quit science, because you can't comprehend something so fucking simple.

Napstar

Banned
HSC
No. but because I'm a Muslim, I don't pick or choose ideas, just because they conform to Western standards.

Besides, men beating up women is extremely common. Domestic violence, whether physical, verbal or financial occurs in almost every household. we hear about it in the media all the time.
That doesn't make it right :confused:

edit: if you're in a Western country and you cannot accept that;
- violence against women and men is illegal
- rape, within or outside of a marriage is illegal

you should probably leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)