Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (2 Viewers)

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
That was in the old testament and i already stated that 99% of it is bullshit to me. If you dont know what your talking about your comments are futile mate
Hahaha your ignorance is astounding....Jesus (in the NEW TESTAMENT) demands that Christians follow the Old Testament.

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

"Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you.' (Matthew 23:1-3)"

So yea you're either not a real Christian or your like a fully fledged retard..

banipal753

HSC
The whole point of this thread was to establish that Christianity is the faith that is attacked most on bos, and if atheists wish to occupy there time attacking religion, there are other religions out there apart from Christianity with flaws.

rashima22

HSC
Buddhists preach, but they don't leave pamphlets on your door or annoy you on a Saturday to inform you of the importance of nirvana.
i agree with that ............if u want to hear a hindu or buddhist preach u would have to go to their religious meetings and stuff to learn more .......... normally u wouldn't find hindu or buddhist pamphlets lying on the floor because they believe its disrespectfull to leave god's name on the floor ............. but some idiots still do it and god knows why?

lychnobity

HSC
Deal with it.

I find posts such as the above frustrating, but i'm not about to keep posting about how annoyed i am about it like you have.
It's blatant disrespect. Even though they may mean good, it doesn't give them the 'right' to demean and treat others in such a manner.

Deal with it? Really?

A little understanding and politeness, would be nice.

HSC
The whole point of this thread was to establish that Christianity is the faith that is attacked most on bos, and if atheists wish to occupy there time attacking religion, there are other religions out there apart from Christianity with flaws.
And in making the thread, you have proven that we only say anything about Christianity because CHRISTIANS bring it to our attention.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Okay, there are some faiths like Wiccans who dont pressure others, so lets consider scientology and how they stopping John Travolta from leaving the faith through blackmail? why arent people attacking that?
We don't know that.

It's a retarded story circulated through gossip magazines. Do you have proof that Scientology is black mailing John Travolta?

Secondly, what an organisation does within its walls to control and intimidate its members is noen of our business. How is it any different from the Church instilling fear and intimidation in its own members through idle threats of excommunication and hell?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Deal with it.

I find posts such as the above frustrating, but i'm not about to keep posting about how annoyed i am about it like you have.
This thread is about why people get pissed off with christianity, heres you answer. 'This is my religion, now shut up and listen because how you feel on the matter isn't important, it makes me feel good about my own faith. Deal with it.'

banipal753

HSC
So you concede that you are wrong? Yea what a surprise you fucking dumbcunt
I was wrong when i said Buddhist preach or Wiccans or whatever, nobody is perfect. i doubt you are since you feel the need to curse on an online forum. I started this thread with that intention, not to debate theology with atheists. Im sure there are a million theology debates on bos.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
It's blatant disrespect. Even though they may mean good, it doesn't give them the 'right' to demean and treat others in such a manner.

Deal with it? Really?

A little understanding and politeness, would be nice.
There are radicals in all religions including Atheism. Learn to deal with it...please. :)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
And as we have pointed out time and time again, there is no point "attacking" something if there is no one to defend it.

Why would we bother attacking Scientology? It doesn't account for the majority of people practising a religion, and nobody on here is a Scientologist. If a Scientologist came on here and said "Xenu is the master and we all came to Earth on DC 9's" then yeah they'd probably get ripped a new one.

I can't see your point. You're basically asking us why we're not attacking something that can't defend itself. My simple answer to that is, "we're not Christians".

q3thefish

HSC
We don't know that.

It's a retarded story circulated through gossip magazines. Do you have proof that Scientology is black mailing John Travolta?

Secondly, what an organisation does within its walls to control and intimidate its members is noen of our business. How is it any different from the Church instilling fear and intimidation in its own members through idle threats of excommunication and hell?
KT wins.

lychnobity

HSC
There are radicals in all religions including Atheism. Learn to deal with it...please. :)
I accept and appreciate that in the Australian environment. I can deal with that. It's when the Christians begin condemning others' lifestyles and take up my time, when I clearly don't have to deal with it, that it becomes a problem.

Other religions seem able to deal with personal space/liberty. Christians, can't. I shouldn't have to 'deal with it'.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Other reasons for ignoring other religions

- Wicca and Buddhism don't form the basis for many "civil laws" that try and get made in Western countries. Countries like Australia don't try and ratify laws to suit a Wiccan agenda, they change them to suit a Christian agenda
- Despite being a "secular" country, most people identify with Christianity
- Look at it statisically;
~2 billion people are Christians
~ 1.5 billion are Muslims
~ 2 billion are Buddhists
2 billion Buddhists managing to go about their daily lives without pissing anyone else off.

- Scientology isn't even listed as a religion on Wikipedias list of religions. It's irrelevant. No body cares about Scientology. It's basically a financial cult where a bunch of people with a lot of money pay $12 for a bottle of water. Who cares?

HSC
Atheists in Australia attack Christianity because it's acceptable to criticize that religion. If your Anglo-Saxon and you attack other religions like Judaism or Islam your seen as racist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)