why all people are saying UNSW is prior to Usyd at commerce? (1 Viewer)

seodh123

HSC
guys... help me.. I am in huge dilema right now..

I have been googling like for 5 days already, and havent decided yet :((

I might impale myself on rusty spike if I cant decide it by tom...

Err........ it just drives me crazy.. whenever I run my finger through my hair, 102~142 hair is pulled off.

All people here are saying UNSW is over Usyd at commerce.
HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Usyd has def has higher entry score than UNSW for commerce.. but I cannot understand why all ppl keep saying UNSW is way much better than Usyd for commerce...

hey guys.. let's take a few minutes out of our life and think about these following things.
these are my foluma. can anyone please answer/explain these folmula clearly?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
University of sydney
higher entrance score = hard to get in = only smart/hard working people get in = higher possiblity to be employed in the future.

UNSW
moderate entrance score = not tough to get in = any people can get in = lower possiblity to be employed in the future compared to smart people.

People who are eligible to get in Usyd can have two choices which is that they can either go to UNSW or Usyd.

People who are only eligible to get in UNSW has only one choice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with all of these facts, can you still say UNSW is over Usyd?
if so, why? would you please explain? because I can not freaking understand.
if UNSW is extremely superior to Usyd, what are those students in Usyd? are they are dumb or dickhead or dickass or jackass or sth??
they would have had enough score to get in both UNSW and Usyd, why would they have chosen Usyd over UNSW?
come on guys, why are you not saying anything huh?
just twitter as you guys did in other thread.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH MY CONCERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:burn::burn::burn:</SPAN>

shuttle_bus5

HSC
guys... help me.. I am in huge dilema right now..

I have been googling like for 5 days already, and havent decided yet :((

I might impale myself on rusty spike if I cant decide it by tom...

Err........ it just drives me crazy.. whenever I run my finger through my hair, 102~142 hair is pulled off.

All people here are saying UNSW is over Usyd at commerce.
HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Usyd has def has higher entry score than UNSW for commerce.. but I cannot understand why all ppl keep saying UNSW is way much better than Usyd for commerce...

hey guys.. let's take a few minutes out of our life and think about these following things.
these are my foluma. can anyone please answer/explain these folmula clearly?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
University of sydney
higher entrance score = hard to get in = only smart/hard working people get in = higher possiblity to be employed in the future.

UNSW
moderate entrance score = not tough to get in = any people can get in = lower possiblity to be employed in the future compared to smart people.

People who are eligible to get in Usyd can have two choices which is that they can either go to UNSW or Usyd.

People who are only eligible to get in UNSW has only one choice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with all of these facts, can you still say UNSW is over Usyd?
if so, why? would you please explain? because I can not freaking understand.
if UNSW is extremely superior to Usyd, what are those students in Usyd? are they are dumb or dickhead or dickass or jackass or sth??
they would have had enough score to get in both UNSW and Usyd, why would they have chosen Usyd over UNSW?
come on guys, why are you not saying anything huh?
just twitter as you guys did in other thread.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH MY CONCERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:burn::burn::burn:</SPAN>
Wow.
You have got no idea.

jaychouf4n

HSC
Hey go do law, clearly because it has the highest entrance score, it's the best course.

madsam

God among men
HSC
The title of this thread made no sense.
But whatever.
I've heard Macquarie is also a good university for commerce and that kind of stuff. Have you considered other universities besides UNSW and USYD?
Careful there buddy, bringing in the option of more than two universities in this world will probably blow his mind

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
The 2010 cut offs were
UNSW B Comm- 96.00
USyd B Comm- 94.40

So what do you mean USyd has a higher entry score?

prah

HSC
The 2010 cut offs were
UNSW B Comm- 96.00
USyd B Comm- 94.40

^ what he said.

the full list of cut offs can be seen here - http://www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/documents/atar/atar10-cutoff-main.pdf

UNSW
424000 B Commerce 96.00
424001 B Com (Services Marketing) N/A
424002 B Economics 91.60
424004 B Information Systems N/A
424005 B Commerce / B Sc (Adv Maths) 97.20
424010 B Commerce (International) 97.00
424011 B Commerce (Liberal Stds) 96.00

USYD
511504 B Commerce 94.40
511510 B Com (Liberal Stds) 98.00
511515 B Economics 94.40
511530 B Commerce/B Arts 94.50
511535 B Commerce/B Science 94.40
511540 B Eco/B Medicine/B Surgery N/A
511541 B Commerce/B Medicine/BSurgery N/A

Looking at these he's probably seen the liberal studies ranks, and assumed that as they have a higher atar they are somehow better than the other courses. Here USYD beats UNSW because USYD has a better rank (98 : 96) so he assumes USYD is better than UNSW. This is purely representative of USYD being superior in other faculties not of the weakness of The UNSW business faculty.

But as others have said an ATAR cut off is not a measure of quality, just supply and demand. Its probably best looking at the 2010 good universities guide (Book), which outlines the whole picture of the uni, and coincidentally ranks UNSW highly.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Careful there buddy, bringing in the option of more than two universities in this world will probably blow his mind
God forbid if we mentioned UTS, ANU and UWS... oh woops :spzz:

That aside, the ultimate choice is yours, and I'd highly recommend that you went to Open/Information Days held by the universities. Asking people on a forum with spelling mistakes and bad English never makes a good first impression.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
The 2010 cut offs were
UNSW B Comm- 96.00
USyd B Comm- 94.40

UNSW has some HSC Plus scheme, which means you don't actually need 96 to get in. I only had 93.50 for my year and got an offer first round.

LordPc

HSC
dude, if commerce is only for super smart people, then why are you applying?

i love how this guy gives a rough estimate of just how many hairs he pulled off

M@ster P

HSC
dude, if commerce is only for super smart people, then why are you applying?

i love how this guy gives a rough estimate of just how many hairs he pulled off
lol he has too much times on his hands

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)