Whtas Sydney like Compared to UTS and UNSW (1 Viewer)

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
hey guys, wts is sydney like compared to the other two unis in the title, thx for giving me some info

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
prettier. older. more prestige. traditional. less stairs.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hey, did you paraphrase my original signature? It's been bugging me for a while...

Anyway, my school is older than Sydney University. :D

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
you forget to mention the fact that your school, lexi, was an elementary school before it was upgraded to a secondary school... the title of the oldest public secondary school belongs to another (namely, my school)...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Frigid
you forget to mention the fact that your school, lexi, was an elementary school before it was upgraded to a secondary school... the title of the oldest public secondary school belongs to another (namely, my school)...
Are you insane? Fort Street was BOTH you idiot! Fort Street Primary School remains on Observatory Hill, below the Sydney Observatory. Fort Street High School's original building is now the National Trust. Check with them and you will find that your school is indeed not older than mine. :p

(1800)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Sandstone institutions stick together, or so it seems.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Maybe a bit. Are you talking about the Universities, or Frigid and I bickering about our schools?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
We probably have the oldest school rivalry in the country. Of course, it's a reasonably wimpy rivalry, expressed mainly in Chess, Debating, and UAIs. So far, they're winning in the UAI field. :(

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
It all really depends on the course you're looking at. You can't walk into UTS and expect to receive a "superior" BA to one from USyd, as USyd has superior resources etc in that particular field. Conversely, UTS graduates are reputed to far outperform USyd graduates in Computer and High Technology fields. What matters is how good the university is in your area of interest, not overall.

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Usyd is A LOT better in prestige than UNSW or UTS

Years ago that would matter; I don't really think employers really care about the whole 'snob' value of a degree.

I think UTS is REALLY good as the courses are industry focussed.

What r u majoring in , for the arts degree?

( This is my opinion - everyone on this board will have a different opinion .. Go with what u think is best)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)