Whose ready and whose screwed? (1 Viewer)

*10#

how we all feeling personally im overwhelmed and have resigned myself to the fact that preparing is no good becoz we will probably get some obscure question that wont fit any of the prescribed or related texts and i will sit there for two hours and draw the board of studies a picture and say it is a postmodern text and then i will cry becoz most of my class will b finished the hsc and i still have two more exams after tomoz ( optimistic arnt i)

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
*waves hand round frantically*
i'm screwed~
i'm looking at my notes.. and thinking.. it's too late now. let's pack it in.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Don't be overwhelmed! You'll live!

If you're stressing about the amount to learn, then either learn general overviews of all the concepts, or learn one or two in great detail and figure out HOW you can APPLY those concepts to your four required texts (2 prescribed, 2 related).

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by *10#
how we all feeling personally im overwhelmed and have resigned myself to the fact that preparing is no good becoz we will probably get some obscure question that wont fit any of the prescribed or related texts and i will sit there for two hours and draw the board of studies a picture and say it is a postmodern text and then i will cry becoz most of my class will b finished the hsc and i still have two more exams after tomoz ( optimistic arnt i)
hahaha reminds me of a guy in my grade that does chemistry - when he doesn't know an answer he just writes a story or a poem... it gives the examiners a good laugh!

Leap

free falling
HSC
I am so screwed!!
I know nothing, NOTHING!!
I just rang the HSC advice line and it threw me into such a panic, the person was rattling off this list of things that should be in the essay and I know none of it...:(:(

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
really?? should i call & request help?
ohh screwed i've given up. & i'm too sick
to focus on any of it anyway.

fucking english.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I'm too lazy to bother studying today, so I figure I'm screwed. But eh, who cares. It's my last exam. I'll live.

And there IS tomorrow morning to cram. :D

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Leap
I am so screwed!!
I know nothing, NOTHING!!
I just rang the HSC advice line and it threw me into such a panic, the person was rattling off this list of things that should be in the essay and I know none of it...:(:(
what are some things we should include?

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i can honestly say i have never felt this shit about an exam in my life.

honestly, it's not even the fact that i'm completely unprepared, haven't had a full night's sleep for months (years?), and don't plan to sleep tonight, it's the fact that i have ONE MORE WEEK OF THIS BULLSHIT LEFT.

"oh but a week is nothing" everyone keeps telling me.

SO WHY DOES A WEEK AGO FEEL LIKE YEARS AGO?

i fucking wish i dropped out in year 10 and learnt makeup artistry at TAFE.

Gamine

Think about it like this: what you don't know now, you won't know tomorrow morning.
You know where you went wrong in your trials, so you can avoid making the same mistakes.
Ultimately englsh is just bullshit... albeit shiny bullshit, but bullshit just the same.

ilovemrchips

hear hear!!!

so true...extension english is my last exam and it's been a week since my other exams finished

this has most definately been the longest most horrible week of my life. not very encouraging for spin spin but *nods vigorously* i truly understand your pain

my mum's been saying this all week to me though...
"the mountain top is just there"

*hugs spin spin*

lm1122

HSC
I gave up trying about 3 exams ago. I just want to SSSLLLLEEEEEEEPPP! And so i can really identify with u sugar! do u think tiredness counts as a misadventure..... damn...didn't think so. oh well, i suppose i could go to bed and dream about revenge tragedy... that counts as studying... huh? huh?...yeah....

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by ilovemrchips
my mum's been saying this all week to me though...
"the mountain top is just there"

*hugs spin spin*
that is so sweet. my mum keeps saying that stuff too but i think it will have more impact when i'm onto my last exam. *Sigh*

Leap

free falling
HSC
what are some things we should include?
- genre theory
- how it is shaped by context
- conventions
- values
- ideas
- quotes

dreaming...

hey leap,
which text do you think is better real inspector hound or snow falling on cedars

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
My being 'ready' is dependent upon what exactly they ask. Hopefully it will be something kind and/or beneficial.
Generally, I thought this was the case. Just as long as I answered it 'correctly'. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)