whos into brass band music (1 Viewer)

Shmacka

Toongabbie, Sydney, NSW, Australia, Earth, Galaxy,
HSC
I used to play the trumpet in primary school. Played from 3-6 but gave it up as it was "uncool" and couldnt be fucked getting up at like 6 for lessons at school. Worst decision ever, i swear.

I was so good at it, and i loved it, but i just couldnt be bothered with it. My mum spoke to James Morrison on the phone too. Whereabouts are you geek?

Dynamix

North by Northwest and then turning slightly East
HSC
i play trombone, not the sexiest instrument i kno, but hey, ive had my fun with it. Im a fan of playing in brass bands, but the best time i ever had was playing in this PAU Rock Band a fguy called McVie set up during SMC one year- best time, awesome music and just massive amounts of adrenalin when youre up on stage with a rock band, sorry, but shits all over playing i some huge brass band.

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
i played in school bands since year 5, but during high school only stayed in it as it was like the mafia - Once you enter, there's no getting out.

plus being in it gave me and a few mates special consideration when we were auditioning for music nights with our other band

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Shmacka said:
I used to play the trumpet in primary school. Played from 3-6 but gave it up as it was "uncool" and couldnt be fucked getting up at like 6 for lessons at school. Worst decision ever, i swear.

I was so good at it, and i loved it, but i just couldnt be bothered with it. My mum spoke to James Morrison on the phone too. Whereabouts are you geek?
wow dats mad! but you can always pick it up again!! Cos playing trumpets heaps fun. And, its 'cool'. Hehe, how does ur mum no James Morrison? My friend who plays trombone she's like his son's swimming coach hehehe! Anyway yeah im from like near Chatswood

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Dynamix said:
i play trombone, not the sexiest instrument i kno, but hey, ive had my fun with it. Im a fan of playing in brass bands, but the best time i ever had was playing in this PAU Rock Band a fguy called McVie set up during SMC one year- best time, awesome music and just massive amounts of adrenalin when youre up on stage with a rock band, sorry, but shits all over playing i some huge brass band.
woo hoo nice who else was in that PAU rock band? Cos i think i might know the drummer.... maybe

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
yeah brass band music is cool - i just like big band and most jazz - i play the clarinet so i havent played in an exclusively brass band.... but its awesome
our school band played a tribute to duke ellington.. so cool :)

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
GUYS!!! Brasss bands arent to be confused with big bands or marching bands!!! I mean brass bands as in the band that sits in a 'U' shape and they have cornets instead of trumpets and they have like tenor horns and euphoniums and tubas and stuff. Here go to these sites:

www.blackdykeband.co.uk

www.grimethorpeband.com

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
Hmmm,

i used to play trumpet,
but i was real bad at it,
and was the hell of my life
i played for 4 years and sucked throughout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)