Who's In? (1 Viewer)

auzmericans

Fancy Dress Party...
HSC
WOW lol just got my letter, says im still elligible, which kinda stings, but guess it's better than rejection, considering my school marks im actually really lucky. now i just need to pull a 94.00 uai lol :p

Everyone else get their letters yet?

bradxxx

HSC
Did it actually say in your letter that you need a UAI of 94?

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
n00bi3z said:
charm of being retards? =]
here we go again?

anyway. I think there are a few different kinds of letters which get sent out. I'm not sure if they still do it this way but it sounds like the letter you got was the same as mine which read (paraphrasing): If you got 94 or above, you're in. (I'm assuming this is all after the interview?)

I got 92.75 and was still admitted, either due to my interview score or the number of applicants who scored higher than me, or somethingorother. So I reckon you're pretty much in as long as you aim for around 90. Congrats! =)

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
For 2007, the applications varied from mid 80s to high 90s, so don't be completely discouraged if you don't think you will hit the 90 mark... your interview mark will be a big component too

good luck for getting in :)

bradxxx

HSC
Gday..

Just wondering who else out there got the call to say they are in??

I got the call yesterday..so stoked!

auzmericans

Fancy Dress Party...
HSC
Brad what UAI did u get? lol i know im DEFINTATELY not in, but serves me right for playing games instead of studying haha. Never got the call... though they shudve called to say i didnt make it.

bradxxx

HSC
I got 97.85..Definately got in off UAI not the interview

You would think that they would call/email you either way to let you know - i say dont give up hope until you have heard from them

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
congrats on getting in brad, i look forward to meeting you next year.
if you don't get into BIT, don't worry. I would recommend trying out for the sister course, BScIT (Bachelor of Science in IT) because a few students were able to get positions in BIT from BScIT because of new sponsor positions that opened up during the start of the semester.

Beege

HSC
are you able to transfer to this course say after a year?

Somebody2005

HSC
N/A
No unfortunately not. If you apply as a BScit and you have already been interviewed for BIT and were waitlisted, then its possible you could be moved into the course if there are additional sponsors. However, if you have NOT been interviewed there is not chance of doing this course. You can't transfer into this course.

However, based on your plan, you could choose to do BScIT + DipITProPrac, which allow you to do the BScit course which is has pretty much the same structure as the BIT course, and then DipITProPrac which would give you the work experience. The difference is that you would do your work experience later in the degree, usually the third year as a whole year block (two semesters), rather than two separate semester in BIT in 1st and 3rd years. Additionally with the BScIT you do have more flexibility in choosing majors. You can check the following link for the majors you might be interested in.

http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/it/ug/c10148.html

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)