• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

who's having tution for English? (1 Viewer)

aliwonga

HSC
if so, which one and do u think eng tuition/s is/are worth going? or is it better to do a one to one with our english teacher?

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
well my teacher is shit lol

so i just got 1 on 1 english tutor

i reckon if you can just get someone to help you with ya exam essays, you can scrape thru with hopefully a band 6 lol

aliwonga

HSC
Right now I have a part time one on one with a tutor
-might decide going to tuition (should I?)
-having my eng teacher marking essay and narrative to have some feedbacks
-also might decide on having a eng fundamental teacher to have my essays to mark if my teacher is

busy

is it too much? common sense- yes. any advise?

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
-also might decide on having a eng fundamental teacher to have my essays to mark if my teacher is

busy

not too sure what you mean. if you have 'part time one on one with a tutor' why do you ask 'might decide going to tution. should i?' dont you have tution already?

often english teachers are too busy to go through and really discuss your essays/work that you hand in to them. in my class i had a series of awful eng stan teachers who would praise any work i handed in to them and not really look @ it, simply cos i was the only one in my class who bothered to do the work. good english tutors have the time and $$ to critique your work properly and give you specific pointers on how to improve essays and creatives and comprehension, as well as helping to improve your strengths. :)

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC

busy

yeh by going to tuition do you mean to matrix or sumthing????

cos i reckon itsa betta to have 1 on 1 tuition for english

aliwonga

HSC
not too sure what you mean. if you have 'part time one on one with a tutor' why do you ask 'might decide going to tution. should i?' dont you have tution already?

often english teachers are too busy to go through and really discuss your essays/work that you hand in to them. in my class i had a series of awful eng stan teachers who would praise any work i handed in to them and not really look @ it, simply cos i was the only one in my class who bothered to do the work. good english tutors have the time and $$ to critique your work properly and give you specific pointers on how to improve essays and creatives and comprehension, as well as helping to improve your strengths. :)
:uhhuh: I agree.

i'm not a temporary student for my private teacher (1 to 1) but she was really good - private tutoring is the best. Right now she doesn't have time for me because I have eng tuition on same time as hers.

so i was thinking that tuition like "Matrix" will help more - it was ok (i mean another tuition not Matrix) n teacher was good too with "passion" in eng but then the essay thing is just "give to her, next day give to u with feedback" (i guess that's good)

I think I'm planning not to go to tutoring (both) next term.
Thank you though :)

aliwonga

HSC
:uhhuh: to GUSSSSSSSS n binary star as well

Thank you everyone!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)