Who's going to any LIVE CONCERTS coming up? Livid/No Doubt/M1/Chili Peppers/Jamiroqui (1 Viewer)

ben

Anyone going to any of these Live Concerts coming up? Wonder how many are going to Livid, being OCT 20th!

Anyway, I going to the No Doubt one on the 25th this month. I'm a big fan of there music from 1995-6 :D . It's conviently a week after the trials, but a week before my Major Work is due :(

However before that, I have to convience a friend to come along with me - no one wants to go!! :mad:

I WOULD go and see the Chili Peppers - but over $100 is a bit steep for me :)

philbert_frog

I'm seeing RHCP - paid $105 for my Chilli Bowl ticket - pre-release too! Can't wait!

It is a bit steep ($), but its the Chilli's, which justifies it (to an extent).

Livid would have been mad (cuz i'm a big powderfinger and Oasis fan) but 1 day before the HSC????!!! C'mon! I have priorities here!

At least it means Powderfinger should be touring again soon...

PS: Pearl Jam rumoured for late 2002/BDO 2003!!!

ben

Originally posted by philbert_frog
I'm seeing RHCP - paid $105 for my Chilli Bowl ticket - pre-release too! Can't wait!
Dammit, now I want to go again.

philbert_frog

You can still get mosh tickets I think...goto ticketek's site and check it out.

but yeah I'll agree that the price is steep - its more than I ever anticipated spending for a chilli's concert, but then again its them on stage for like 1.5-2hrs.

As long as they don't spend most of their time playing the new cd it'll be ok - I want BloodSugarSexMagik baby!

ben

What's wrong with their new CD? I hated it at first - but I really like it now. Although BloodSugar is probably their best :D

Nah - I can't afford RHCP tix anymore, after paying for schoolies + No Doubt

philbert_frog

Nothing is "wrong" with the new RHCP cd, its just different to their old stuff- less bass guitar and rhythm driven, although its still v. good, especially "on mercury". God I love that song - its such a great summer song!

ben

Originally posted by philbert_frog
Nothing is "wrong" with the new RHCP cd, its just different to their old stuff- less bass guitar and rhythm driven, although its still v. good, especially "on mercury". God I love that song - its such a great summer song!
Hey! on mercury is my favourite track on the CD! I thought i was the only person who liked it because it's different than normal RHCP stuff. it reminds me of no doubt's old "SKA" songs.

i agree, it is a great summer song.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
im going to m-one...but i would have preferred to go to livid...except yeh its the day before my english exam i think. and i also heard about m-one before livid and a few of my friends are going to m-one...

i was also gonna go to george in newtown after trials (george music is soooo very beuautiful!) but i have an art major work due a few days after that and i know i'll need it so i decided to gie it a miss..

philbert_frog

Originally posted by ben

Hey! on mercury is my favourite track on the CD! I thought i was the only person who liked it because it's different than normal RHCP stuff. it reminds me of no doubt's old "SKA" songs.

i agree, it is a great summer song.
If they don't play that song at the concert, i'll be pissed - except no one but me will know it!!!!

Even JJJ didn't play it when it was album of the week - oh yeah they played it once or twice - dunno why. Whats worse is that they kept on playing "Minor thing" which just plain annoys me.

jenster

oh i am soooooo jealous of you concert people. if i didn't have english on the 21st i would sooo have gone to livid. how stupid of them to put it before hsc. didn't they know i couldn't go then! they didn't consult me or anything!!! how ruuuuuuude!
ah well what can ya do...

dissonance

well in business studies terms....

livid are excluding about 60,000 people from their target market. I reckon I would have gone as well...bit of Something for Kate always does me some good.

bex

HSC
Umm this may sound retarded but who are Livid? Like what do they sing??

I dont think Jamiroquai will be as good this time... i went to the concert at the Hordern Pavillion last time... The entertainment centre is crap for concerts cause theres sooooooo many people and its so impersonal.....

Has anyone ever been to Dance Tracks at the Studio at the Opera House...? Now they are BRILLIANT... they are a series of concerts that combine dj, multimedia and dance.. the last one i went to was during the Message Sticks festival.... IT WAS PNAU!!

Pnau performed in front of 2 screens that had imaging on it, and throughout the night dancers umm danced on this stage and swung from the roof and stuff... ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!! There was maybe 300 people there with an open bar (no i.d necessary ;)) and the guys from Pnau came out and spoke to the audience and danced and shit.. it was the best night of my life!!!...FOR $20

the next one is a celebration of asian and indian music... i cant go cause its during trials... but a french one is coming up...CANT WAIT!!

philbert_frog

Sounds mad, keep us informed pls.

Livid = a music festival, like big day out

You're excused for not knowing what it is cuz usually its only held in the RNA Showgrounds in Brisbane, however this year its coming to sydney and melbourne.

Bands incl are: powderfiner, oasis, george, superheist (i think) etc.... most australian, some o/s... mostly rock/alternative.

We are all whinging cuz its held in sydney on the day before the HSC begins :(

Christine

beige member
HSC
i want to go to livid to see oasis....... stuff the english exam!! mum doesn't agree tho :( so yet again i miss out on seeing oasis.
seriously everytime they tour theres some stupid reason i can't go..... NOT HAPPY!!.

ok i've had my rant now.... i wouldn't mind going to m1 but none of my friends want to....

ciao

skeepe

Save your money kids... Reel Big Fish are comin to town! If you only see one band this year, it's gotta be RBF! Their new CD Cheer Up! is just fantastic, I can't get enough of it.. can't wait to see em again!

Hmm... wish i knew WHEN though

Last edited:

Sanchez#1

Jamiroquai wreeks when performing live.

Not enough action happens on stage. One time i saw them perform live for Channel V and the musicians weren't even playing. They were just standing around looking important, when the background music was just playing.

Jamiroquai's best gig would have to have been when he performed with Jools Holland's band.

BTW - With spring around the corner who knows when the next jazz festival is coming around? (yeah I'm into jazz)

kyoto

SM entertainment coming maybe...

last time were cancelled...

but everyone going to be there~

Koreans rock out~~

KEkEkEKeKke
:D

ben

Originally posted by bex
Umm this may sound retarded but who are Livid? Like what do they sing??

I dont think Jamiroquai will be as good this time... i went to the concert at the Hordern Pavillion last time... The entertainment centre is crap for concerts cause theres sooooooo many people and its so impersonal.....

Has anyone ever been to Dance Tracks at the Studio at the Opera House...? Now they are BRILLIANT... they are a series of concerts that combine dj, multimedia and dance.. the last one i went to was during the Message Sticks festival.... IT WAS PNAU!!

Pnau performed in front of 2 screens that had imaging on it, and throughout the night dancers umm danced on this stage and swung from the roof and stuff... ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!! There was maybe 300 people there with an open bar (no i.d necessary ;)) and the guys from Pnau came out and spoke to the audience and danced and shit.. it was the best night of my life!!!...FOR $20

the next one is a celebration of asian and indian music... i cant go cause its during trials... but a french one is coming up...CANT WAIT!!
PNAU used to go to my school lol...

Ely

JA RULE AND ASHANTI CANCELLED ON ME :'( NOT HAPPY!!!!! they were going to play next saturday but some wanker decided to "promote" their concert and THEY WEREN'T EVEN COMING!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.........

p00_p00

Originally posted by Ely
JA RULE AND ASHANTI CANCELLED ON ME :'( NOT HAPPY!!!!! they were going to play next saturday but some wanker decided to "promote" their concert and THEY WEREN'T EVEN COMING!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.........
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I thought they were goin 2 b in dis years rumba.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)