Who's failing the external Maths Ext 2 exam? (1 Viewer)

friction

HSC
I havent tried heaps hard and im still getting 85%. I tried for 1 week.

And a better question is why dont you try harder ??

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
friction said:
I havent tried heaps hard and im still getting 85%. I tried for 1 week.

And a better question is why dont you try harder ??
85% is very commendable for 4unit, that's a definite E4.

duy.le

HSC
85% is about 100 whats wrong with that... its a e4 for sure.
though there is always room for improvement (aiming for 105+ doubt ill get it though)

friction

HSC
Lol i was just saying that not all of us try really hard to get it. Im more then happy with 85% though i want to be getting 110+ for the test. I was just telling him not all of us are those people that work every second of everyday.

BTW does anyone else feel that the raw marks for top bands on this site for jsut about everything are way to low because its jsut too easy to get them ??

Nemo1412

HSC
I too am in the same boat as you. :( I got 51/120 for my trial lol, average throughout the year was only something like 55%. I have a small class as well (3) so it's pretty hard trying to find someone for help when I can't get to my teacher lol. My 3u is going slightly better but not as much as I hoped lol, totally bombed the trial though. I kind of regret taking 4u, I was going heaps good in 2u before I stopped doing the assessments for it.

Tommykins seems to be banned now, did you end up getting the notes off him? If you did would you mind sending it to us? I'll shoot you a pm with my email if so. Cheers.

mathslover

HSC
Nemo1412 said:
I too am in the same boat as you. :( I got 51/120 for my trial lol, average throughout the year was only something like 55%. I have a small class as well (3) so it's pretty hard trying to find someone for help when I can't get to my teacher lol. My 3u is going slightly better but not as much as I hoped lol, totally bombed the trial though. I kind of regret taking 4u, I was going heaps good in 2u before I stopped doing the assessments for it.

Tommykins seems to be banned now, did you end up getting the notes off him? If you did would you mind sending it to us? I'll shoot you a pm with my email if so. Cheers.
haha yes we are in the exact same boat! + My teacher's a total hoe. Cant teach for shit.
Yeahhhh i was doin HEAPS good in 2u.. kind of regret taking 4u but oh well.. it will pay off hopefully :)
what kind of marks are u getting in the 4u past papers?

hayyleyy

HSC
hey
im totally with u in failing the exam :( unfortunately
im just trying to stay away from all the 4u maths freaks and then hopefully i wont feel so bad...
whhyyy is everyone so smart?!?!?!! arghh
and why did i do 4u?!?!!!

Zeber

HSC
I've done 2001 and gotten 85/120, 2002 - 75/120.

hopfully improve by the time hsc comes.

I-Love-Jesus

HSC
hayyleyy said:
im just trying to stay away from all the 4u maths freaks and then hopefully i wont feel so bad..
Probably not the best place to be, because there are lots of 4u maths freaks here! Don't be disheartened hearing everyone's marks - what you'd hear here isn't the normal sort of mark range.
Just work really hard for the next few days and reap the rewards. =]

mathslover

HSC
hayyleyy said:
hey
im totally with u in failing the exam :( unfortunately
im just trying to stay away from all the 4u maths freaks and then hopefully i wont feel so bad...
whhyyy is everyone so smart?!?!?!! arghh
and why did i do 4u?!?!!!
hmm yes i hear u
well just do ur best, ur in a better position than me beleive me, my highest mark so far has been 68/120, and to make things worse my hand's fukd up again after english exams so now i cant even do past papers.
im screwed :(
i dunt want to push my hand.. i have 4 exams next week, and then i finish my HSC. Do u guys think i should keep pushing my hand with maths, or concentrate on my other 2 non-maths subs (which are on next tues and fri)?
if i dont do any more past papers then the most ill get in e2 is 60% (if at all), and for 3u like 70% (if at all).

someone please advise me :( idk what to do the advice line isnt open yet

friction

HSC
If you get 60% raw ur looking at a mid to high E3 i rekon and 70% raw in Ext 1 will get u almost a E4. So if u can get those ur looking good.

BTW what is wrong with ur hand ??

And how much do u parents love you ?? you could try to get them to write down what your thinking for maths and atleast do 1 paper a day.

philxe

HSC
I am just trying to scrape above 50% raw for ext 2, i am ranked about 30 / 50 internally. My school is ranked in the late teens. Any idea, how would that scale out of 100.

dream kaka

HSC
Re: 回复: Who's failing the external Maths Ext 2 exam?

samwell said:
My technique has been do qsn 1-6 as quickly as possible. roughly 2 hrs then i have alot of time to think for the last 2. Qsn 7 and 8 are the hardest in most hsc papers and so if u get them right who knows where ua mark might shoot up to.
2hrs~how quick u did in qsn1-6~

hayyleyy

HSC
mathslover said:
well just do ur best, ur in a better position than me beleive me, my highest mark so far has been 68/120, and to make things worse my hand's fukd up again after english exams so now i cant even do past papers.
im screwed :(
i dunt want to push my hand.. i have 4 exams next week, and then i finish my HSC. Do u guys think i should keep pushing my hand with maths, or concentrate on my other 2 non-maths subs (which are on next tues and fri)?
if i dont do any more past papers then the most ill get in e2 is 60% (if at all), and for 3u like 70% (if at all).

someone please advise me :( idk what to do the advice line isnt open yet
ok first: ur doing past papers so thats already a plus
second: that sucks about ur hand... i reckon just take it easy, do a few qs for maths and a few for ur other subjects... if it gets too sore, just stop and try thinking it through or something...
i dont know... worth a try
third: u will probably do better than u think u will :)

and thanks guys for making me feel a little better :)
i think everyone just needs to take a deep breath and relax a bit

I-Love-Jesus

HSC
yeah, I reckon if your hand is quite sore, it would still be very beneficial to read through some past papers and then look at worked solutions. That way you're not injuring your hand any more, but you're still getting the hang of the sorts of questions that are most likely to appear in the paper on Monday.
Good luck though! It sucks to hurt your hand at this time of your life :(

samwell

HSC
Does any body usually feel tired by question 8?

it has happened to me in few hsc papers especially the 90's where question 7 is harder than question 8.

friction

HSC
Yes i feel very tired at about question 7 and i just couldnt be bothered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)