• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

whos doing the stat test tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'm doing it, but on the Sunday...does that mean I get evicted from this thread now?:p
How are you all feeling about it? Because I feel weird about the STAT...it's like I'm in year 6 all over again sitting for the selective exam for highschool, a bit deja vu- ish.

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
lol got mine at parra sunday 1 30
any one study anyting

get_born

kami said:
I'm doing it, but on the Sunday...does that mean I get evicted from this thread now?:p
How are you all feeling about it? Because I feel weird about the STAT...it's like I'm in year 6 all over again sitting for the selective exam for highschool, a bit deja vu- ish.
nope - ur welcome to stay as long as you want ;)
yeah it did sort of I remember those OC workshops and classes.
It also reminds me of those Basic Skills tests i used to do in primary.

get_born

th said:
lol got mine at parra sunday 1 30
any one study anyting
i dont really think you can study for that - im just going to look at the booklet they sent in the mail tomorrow morning. its all mainly comprehension. Hope I pass lol - what a waste of $132 if i dont do well :p

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
hello anyone in here know what the mc ques compared to the essays are worth
I think im gonna sux in these essays due to my lake of imaginative thinking
any one how did every one find those booklets that were given enclosed with the confiramtion

get_born

i dont know, but relax i know a guy who averaged around 70s in school and he ended up getting like 86 - the point is to just pass it.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
last_chance said:
i dont know, but relax i know a guy who averaged around 70s in school and he ended up getting like 86 - the point is to just pass it.
i got low 60s for stat and got high 80s UAI. i didn't like the stat test

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
last_chance said:
well you just proved my point - anythings possible :p

yep, a guy got high 30s low 40s UAI (not sure)... and he managed to pass the RET test.. it's what got him into UNI.. and now he's doing medical science.... cool yeh?

Last edited:

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
the point isnt to pass, the point is to go better in this test than in your hsc, so that your stat mark is higher than ur uai and will therefore not be a waste of time and money. if your uai is below 50, well than yeah a pass in stat is good ... i guess. but what you are trying to do is kill this test

good luck to you all

get_born

fornstar said:
the point isnt to pass, the point is to go better in this test than in your hsc, so that your stat mark is higher than ur uai and will therefore not be a waste of time and money. if your uai is below 50, well than yeah a pass in stat is good ... i guess. but what you are trying to do is kill this test

good luck to you all
are you serious i just repeated what my careers advisor told me - so much for that!

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
last_chance said:
are you serious i just repeated what my careers advisor told me - so much for that!
this is how it works. you can get a maximum of 10 extra points. in other words, if you get 70 uai, but u score 80 in the ret/stat test, your mark becomes 80 and therefore can get into a course that needs an 80 uai. if you get a 70 uai and ur ret/stat mark is 100, you get an 80. so basically the goal is to go better in this test, so it can count.

and if, like me you get 60 something for stat and than 80 something for uai, it doenst count at all!

ill admit its been a yr since ive looked at this, but from what i can recall, this is how it works

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I don't think so soha...I think you need to be sitting at least 1 HSC exam in that year if you've already finished. In addition you have to live in the required area and so forth.
EDIT: oooh teh time travel!

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
for ppl who have sat it .. or going to sit it... wat was the hardest question u found in it?

also try find out if u did same exam.. pretty sure u do..

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
soha said:
hang on..if uve finished ur hsc can u do stat and apply for uni with it?
i told u this ages ago man.. yes

if ur gona sit RET then u need to be sittin HSC..

if ur gona sit STAT u need to be over 18

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
krisk85 said:
i told u this ages ago man.. yes

if ur gona sit RET then u need to be sittin HSC..

if ur gona sit STAT u need to be over 18
yeah i realised that
i was confused with somethign else
im a lost case remember

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)