Whos doin wat option topics (1 Viewer)

beemo

Im doin possibly the two dullest, shelter and family. What are you doin and do you like it?

swisstruffles

HSC
Originally posted by beemo
Im doin possibly the two dullest, shelter and family. What are you doin and do you like it?
shelter sounds crap; i think something like 90% of the state does family, which we r doign as well. its ok- pretty 'meaty' but most are current news which is great. we're also doing global environment- being a geo student it helps a lot! although unfortunately it seems like we're the only school that does it here.....

beemo

i wanted to do consumers. looked fun + i had to go to the CTTT earlier this year after being screwed by a shop. Woulda come in handy. Shelter is lame - too much contact law is mind numbing. Global would be nice and relevant this year. More schools (and textbooks) should do it

HSC
Shelter and Family, both are nice and straight forward, however I think consumers probably would have suited me considering I do economics and business studies.

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
Yeah Family and Cons is most done by the state. I think it's the most relevant and useful not to mention interesting. :p

swisstruffles

HSC
maddy wat is world order about? is it related to the US in being dominant and the UN and stuff?

Rojc01

HSC
i do;

Family
Workplace

my teacher says that consumers is too girlie and workplace is more a man thing since i go to a boys school

also i heard that examers are bored with consumer law since the majority of people do it:cool:

Last edited:

Maddy

Damien Martyn Rocks!
World order is pretty cool. yeah, it focusses on methods of obtaining world order such as the UN and treaties etc. I liked it because we could do case studies on different situations such as USA and Nicaragua. And there has been so much relevant information in the papers like 9/11 and the Iraqi war. I think i liked it because it was rather contemporary compared to other topics! (At least in my opinion . . .)

stressed monkie

im a random
heyz i go to a catholic school and we have three legal classes

class 1: crime, family, consumers,

class 2: crime, family, workplace

class 3: crime, family, global environment

and for the elective we ould choose im doing consumers and i think its really great especially cause i do eco so the notes double up so im cool with that

HSC
World Order and Global Environment! its good coz most of the information overlap! and you can basically write 2 copies of an essay but interchange "world order" with "global environment" and you're set!!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
stressed monkie that seems silly cos had you all done the same electives you could just share notes. And how did they assess you against one another? Wouldn't you have had to do different assessments cos of the different topics?

sophi

i'm doing World Order and Indigenous People
th'are good, but i prob. would prefer to do a domestic option of some sort!

our school is one of very few who do IPs, but alot of the content is similar to WO. the less we have to learn!!!!

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
I'll be doing Workplace and Consumers. That selection suits me as i'm doing both economics and business studies. Hope it overlaps a fair bit. It would make it a lot easier.

Last edited:

kelv

yay.. i'm doing Family and Workplace...
and i always got confused bout the Industrial Relations stuff and the Workplace Relations stuff.. they're so confusing....

the family stuffs are easy tho....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)