Who's actually successful finding a job?! (1 Viewer)

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
ok, who here actually is finding a job and getting it easily?

Any colesmyer ppl don't count b/c they'll hire a serial killer.

I applied to my 12th job interview this year and I STILL didn't get the job(s)

The first few reasons were I was too old, then I was too overqualified, then I wasn't the right type, NOW it's the level of availability!

I'm pretty sure it's just my crappy town, but has anyone else had the experience of trying to find a job for 7 years like me?

ps> The experiences that make my blood boil:
1: My friend stole more than $5,000 worth of stock and money over a two year period. When he got caught, they didn't fire him, they promoted him - and that place *who remains nameless* told me, they think I'd be irresponsible for the job in one interview!!!

2: Another friend has NEVER EVER worked a job in his life - not even at Maccas, yet, when he finishes yr 12, he instantly is a manager at Hungry Jacks... How the fuck did he manage that!!!

3: Both cases - two girls, one from Sydney the other from Bris had managing positions at two different companies (subway and Boost Juice) they applied for a general non-managing position in their companies, but here, neither got the job. Instead a bunch of 13yo sl*tty looking girls got the jobs.

What ever you do people, NEVER EVER come to my town unless you want to be poor and homeless.

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by MissMacbeth
ok, who here actually is finding a job and getting it easily?

Any colesmyer ppl don't count b/c they'll hire a serial killer.

then I was too overqualified,
what? colesmyer is very hard to get into, they don't seem to hire anyone

too overqualified? pfft

yes, it is hard to find a job anywhere, don't give up, it just gets to the point where you don't know where to look anymore..

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i have too many jobs:p

currently i am working for 3 different places. i need the $$$ so probably try to keep that through the holidays, then maybe stop tutoring when uni starts again.

edit: the hours barely ad up though....max of about 26 to as less as about 15

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
Yeah, but I didn't get my Kmart "job" until 9months after I applied.

I've got you all beat for shift times: 1hour per 5 weeks I calculated (when I am rostered on, it's only the min 3hr shift, but I barely get shifts)

Again, I'm sure it's my town - I suppose when they say its the unemployment capital, they mean it.

I really want a nightfiller job!!!
Don't you get paid really well???

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I applied for a few after the HSC, but wasn't successful. Didn't bother me too much because I wasn't really interested.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
yeah, I do get some interviews, but without being an ego driven b*tch, I kick ass in interviews! I shake hands, I say the right things, I shake hands at the end and say thank you for taking the time to see me and so on... I don't see how I can't get one of the positions while the nervous, insecure, can't add 2 and 2 together bimbo next to me does!

It, to me, just seems there's always an excuse.

I'm jealous of you Loz#1! I wish I could not care, but I do so much and it's infuriating! I think it's mainly b/c my friends (as mentioned) who shouldn't even deserve a job are getting them.
Can you believe that my friends put on his resume "assistant photographer....Duties: Oils models, talks to models and photographer......was Highschool popular" No joke he wrote that and got 3 fucking interviews! What has the world come to!!!

And some of my other friends are already overseas b/c of their jobs' savings!!! I feel so left behind all because I don't fit the bill.

Last edited:

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Originally posted by ...
i jsut got hired as a colesmyer dude

nightfiller!
i too, i rejected it cuz it was not really wat i wanted, had to work from 8 pm to 3 am, mate NO THANKS

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
I finally got a call from a colesexpress outlet that i had been shortlisted for an interview with...after about 2 months :eek:...as stoked as i am to get an interview on thursday, im still pretty pissed off that they took 2 months to get in contact with me (they didnt give me a number to call..they assured me that they would get in touch with me)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by MissMacbeth
I'm jealous of you Loz#1! I wish I could not care, but I do so much and it's infuriating.
I didn't really care at the time, because I was applying for college and all these different courses, so I was hoping I would get into one or the other.

But now I'm desperate for a job, I can't afford my cocktail fetish.

MiSSi

i know its so god damn hard. i've been looking since i finished yr12 last yr and still nothing!

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
i know at kmart, they hire a big group of ppl at once. Normally a few months before christmas and half way through the year... (i.e. Around about now!!) Id be submitting application forms/resumes now!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by ...
theres position vacant in some of the shops in DFO(direct factory outlet) located in homebush
Homebush isn't a really easy place to get to. Unless you drive/live there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)