who works in a bar? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I have a job interview tomorrow, for a job in a bar (well its an RSL but hey). What kinda questions do they ask you, etc?

HSC
go_swans said:
I have a job interview tomorrow, for a job in a bar (well its an RSL but hey). What kinda questions do they ask you, etc?
Never had an interview.

But I guess some questions would ask whether or not you've had experience... maybe if you know a variety of drinks... any other form of customer service... good with cash/calculations...

:/

Any general questions to sus out your attitude. They want you to be mature & friendly - yet be able to be strict on RSA/no service.

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
never had an interview.. they threw me a glass and watched me pour a beer, i got the job,, end of story.. i also tell drunks to fuck off... heaps good

HSC
William_Lawry said:
never had an interview.. they threw me a glass and watched me pour a beer, i got the job,, end of story.. i also tell drunks to fuck off... heaps good
kool... well i have another interview so i guess it went ok... and i can pull a beer.. so that must be a good thing.. also, Willie whats ur pay rate like?

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
Had a workmate who once worked at a bar. Said it got pretty outta control late at night when everyone's drunk. Pissed him off and he quit.

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
he's obviously a soft cock...

go_swans $17.50 (mon-fri) penalities on weekends

HSC
William_Lawry said:
he's obviously a soft cock...

go_swans $17.50 (mon-fri) penalities on weekends
cool.. thats alright... is that for an RSL or a club or what? cuz apparently theyre all diff

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I imagine an RSL would be a similar rate of pay.

The best thing with drunks is that the customer isn't always right... most of the time they are too pissed to know what the hell they are talking about. Hence you have the upper hand, unless they physically intimidate you.

But they can be really irritating sometimes.

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
most rsl's pay less than pubs, bout $2 an hour less.. they work under a different award

HSC
William_Lawry said:
most rsl's pay less than pubs, bout $2 an hour less.. they work under a different award
you sure about that? my mate working at castle hill rsl is on $18

i work at telstra stadium and the pay is heaps good. ~$20.60 behind the bar i think and $21.78 on a reguster

HSC
They will ask/need to know if you have taken any courses to do with working in a bar. Like if you are serving or working around alcohol, you will have to have a 'responsible service of alcohol' certificate or something higher than that.

HSC
Yeah I heard they are on different awards, but i know someone who works at an RSL and they are on about $18.50ph... maybe its all diff... it doesnt go on age does it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)