• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who will win Popstars Live ? (1 Viewer)

Who will win Popstars Live ?

• Kayne

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Don

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Miranda

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Arnott

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Eleven (Nick & Luke)

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Renee

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Sarah

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Kiki

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Daniel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
but Popstars came up with the original idea, Idol copied it, and then they copied Idol.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
actually, Aus. Idol is of the 'Idol' Franchise which is British and quite a few years old.. its not copying channel 7s Popstars

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
whoever copied whoever watever....but at the present popstars is sooo crap....look at the ratings for some proof, dunno y but it looks like a kiddies show now

watched it last saturday and thought the only good performance was from DON (wow--the seven nation song thingy :) )

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
Originally posted by lillaila
whoever copied whoever watever....but at the present popstars is sooo crap....look at the ratings for some proof, dunno y but it looks like a kiddies show now
simple, its cos their host is a kiddies show host

Miffy

The Wednesday night shows where you find out who gets kicked off are particularly boring ad break after ad break. I was very shocked tonight to see Kiki go, especially after Arnott has been performing absolutely terrible week after week. No offence to him, but think people vote for him because they feel sorry for him due to his weight etc.

I reckon Miranda is the only one on the show who can sell a record - none of the other acts really stand out at all. It's a bit of a crock of a show i must say. However, i still seem to watch it (i'm a bit addicted to these shows, no matter how bad they are).

Oh and i think the sunday night live shows are actually changing nights now due to the bad ratings.

Fry

its so sad how Popstars has to do these stupid live crossovers to hype up the show. its pointless and a big waste of time. and what pisses me off the most is how the audience is always booing the judges as soon as they hear a negative comment. HELLO the judges are giving them constructive criticism. not everyone is perfect.

to be honest, all the contestants suck and cant sing and they won't make it in the long run. i bet they'll never be anywhere near as successful as Guy or Shannon.

if we think Simon Cowell is harsh on the contestants on Idol, then imagine what he would be like if he had to judge the Popstars contestants?? man, he'll kick their sorry little asses.

Miffy

I say get rid of those stupid teeni boppers with absolutely no idea in the audience, and those damn 'pringles parties'! Then the show might improve slightly.

You also have to pay $10 i think it is to even get in the place to see them!! I mean it goes to charity and all, but seriously I would rather just give $10 to the charity instead of going to see the show. Saying that, I think I might actually do it!

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Originally posted by Dingo2004
Don Pancho !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vote code #3 for DON !!!!!!!!!!!!
dont encourage them. i want to se popstars live contestans get no public votes lol

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Miffy
The Wednesday night shows where you find out who gets kicked off are particularly boring ad break after ad break. I was very shocked tonight to see Kiki go, especially after Arnott has been performing absolutely terrible week after week. No offence to him, but think people vote for him because they feel sorry for him due to his weight etc.

I reckon Miranda is the only one on the show who can sell a record - none of the other acts really stand out at all. It's a bit of a crock of a show i must say. However, i still seem to watch it (i'm a bit addicted to these shows, no matter how bad they are).

Oh and i think the sunday night live shows are actually changing nights now due to the bad ratings.
I disagree with you when you said that you think that Miranda is the only one of the show that can sell a record...
They all have potential... but some have more potential and talent then others.. I also think eleven, and kane could sell a record aswell as miranda
edit: and don

Miffy

Yeah i guess what i said was wrong to a point, and yeah i know what you mean but the thing is any one of them will be able to sell a record due to the great amount of publicity and all that goes with being on a show like that. I mean the winner of every show like that that has been on Australian TV always sells their first single in huge quantities, then they die out, look at all of the other popstars contestants in previous years and i think that is what will happen to guy sebastian although i think he has amazing talent.

This may be a bit off topic but i think if these people could have emerged into the industry some other way, the way the majority of other artists get there, that is when people will truly be able to see that they have talent. That way it is not coming from some ridiculous tv show, where people are always going to have bad perceptions no matter what.

All these shows do is create ratings and money for the respective networks and money for the record companies involved. They really don't give a shit about the contestants.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Originally posted by Dingo2004
Don Pancho !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vote code #3 for DON !!!!!!!!!!!!
YEH !!! GO DON !! =D

And Miranda's winning the damn poll ?!? Farrout.. she can't sing for SHYTE. She's only a pretty face... weak, vocally >.< My bros have the h0ts for her and they're 22 & 26... she's blardy 16.. ehhh pedhophiles..

and also, GO KANE !!! & Eleven !! =) Kane rockssss... eleven will improve by the end ;)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
yeh kane and eleven are really good.....:)
Miranda seems too up herself

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by Annegelic
YEH !!! GO DON !! =D

And Miranda's winning the damn poll ?!? Farrout.. she can't sing for SHYTE. She's only a pretty face... weak, vocally >.< My bros have the h0ts for her and they're 22 & 26... she's blardy 16.. ehhh pedhophiles..

and also, GO KANE !!! & Eleven !! =) Kane rockssss... eleven will improve by the end ;)
Non of them can axtually sing!! :rolleyes: Its called popstars after all ~~ So I guess Miranda's pretty face is gonna put her over the edge!!

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
miranda will win, but don SHOULD.

actually kiki should have, she has the most musical talent out of all of them... come on, she sings, raps, writes, plays...

i reckon shes gonna get a job song writing anyway.

but miranda will win, even if her voice isn't that great, only cos shes the best to market.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Oh my God, I was made to watch an episode of this the other night. Miranda's pink outfit was so retarted and I reckon those "Eleven" boys sounded really bad at first, but then did okay.

And that Kayne bloke did Matchbox 20 so well, but he is so up himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)