who wears sunscreen to uni? (1 Viewer)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
never. sunscreen is icky plus i'm never in a lot of sun
haha i was having this conversation with my very burnt cousin the other day who was complaining about his safety goggles tan line.

my response: well, you could just do what i do, stay indoors!
*very unimpressed glances from my sports frenzied relatives

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
but Olay sunscreens are chemical sunscreens - apparently they aggravate free radicals and cancer causing cells

Yeah sounds like bullshit. Olay might cause cancer, but the sun definitely causes cancer. I'll take my chances with the lotion.

Tofuu

HSC
I do!

All year round - I'm a bit of a sunscreen nut. Just my arms, shoulders, chest, neck and face. I really don't want to get tanned.
correct me if i'm wrong, but, i don't sunscreen is meant to keep you from getting a tan

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
i always wear sunscreen if i know ima gonna spend 1+ hr in tha sun

otherwise i only put it on when i have the time/can be bothered to :D

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
ladies and gentlemen of the class of '97... wear sunscreen. if i could offer you only one tip for the future sunscreen would be it. the long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i never wear sunscreen, and ive never been burnt, though i do have epic tan lines on my arms and near my neck >:-[

HSC
I wear Invisible Zinc on my face everyday even in the winter, because even if it's sunny I'll prob still get slightly pink without it. I've tried other sunscreens but none of them were non greasy as they claimed, but I've found Invisible Zinc to be really good and it's also a pretty good base under makeup.

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
I wear Invisible Zinc on my face everyday even in the winter, because even if it's sunny I'll prob still get slightly pink without it. I've tried other sunscreens but none of them were non greasy as they claimed, but I've found Invisible Zinc to be really good and it's also a pretty good base under makeup.
I'm thinking about trying Invisible Zinc. I find on hot days sun cream melts/sweats off me - what is the consistency like?

HSC
I'm thinking about trying Invisible Zinc. I find on hot days sun cream melts/sweats off me - what is the consistency like?
It's quite a thick cream but I've found that it stays on quite well as it absorbs nicely into my skin.
I think the Woolworths Select brand do a similar product for half the price, but I haven't tried it.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
the only sunscreen i generally wear is the my moisturiser I have with sunscreen in it
But i am going to start putting it on my arms in summer too i think cos they are always tanned and i am starting to get moles on them. I do not want them turning to cancer!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah so I just went out in the 43 degree sunshine for an hour and a half with no sunscreen

totally getting skin cancer :(

i forgot all about it til I got out of my car. oh well

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
You get slightly pink in winter? Are you albino? (srs question). The sun isn't very strong in winter.

I don't wear sunscreen unless I'm going to be in the sun for more than about 20 minutes. wearing sunscreen everyday can lead to vitamin D deficiency.
Also I hope all you people are using one that blocks UVA as that's what causes melanoma.

Last edited:
HSC
You get slightly pink in winter? Are you albino? (srs question). The sun isn't very strong in winter.

I don't wear sunscreen unless I'm going to be in the sun for more than about 20 minutes. wearing sunscreen everyday can lead to vitamin D deficiency.
Also I hope all you people are using one that blocks UVA as that's what causes melanoma.
Nope, I'm not albino, but I'm pretty pale. I also use benzoyl peroxide to prevent acne which makes the skin on my face more susceptible to sunburn.
I don't wear sunscreen *every* day, but to uni I do because I'm usually outside a lot.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

lol

just

lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)