• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who watched the MTV Music Video Awards last night? (1 Viewer)

eyebrowman

HSC
mase's album and title track is called welcome back..so i guess he's just promoting his album
so annoying..he says it at the wrong times

and how cool was the tshirt that the fans were wearing when ll cool j was saying stuff? it was like a tv on the shirt
coolliooss

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Lil Jon was mad.....this guy knows how to get party started.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
you know which other song got the crowd moving?

ts- lean back...

i bet that song will start getting popular here in about 6 months.... as usual we always behind

Fry

Orange Juice said:
you know which other song got the crowd moving?

ts- lean back...

i bet that song will start getting popular here in about 6 months.... as usual we always behind
that song is mad but i felt sorry for the person behind Fat Joe. Get Low is another cool song..did it even make it into the top 40 over here?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i doubt get low did.... lil jon didnt make it here...
but he might... its wierd.... only a select few american songs dont make it here
i dont think kanye west really made it here as well... and mase...i think if your name isnt nelly you cant make it in australia :p
btw is fat joe, hispanic or bleck?

Fry

~GeNie~Na~BotL~ said:
i watched it ... yeah p diddy held a shirt that said 'vote or die' and when shaq was on stage, on the curtains it said 'vote or die' ? ...
there's a lot going on there about which of the two will make a good president ...
i think when they say 'vote or die' they mean vote for kerry if u wanna live, vote for bush if u wanna die. right? ..
also why did MA$E keep saying 'welcome back' ... ??

and yes that black dude was a comedian, the one that said 'justin timberlake i love u man but u shouldn't have apologised' ... he's a funny man
i think its because Miami is like a big republican state. and Dave Chappelle is a very popular comedian over there..i think ive seen him in a few movies cos he seems vaguely familiar, although it wasn't his best work last night.

i usually look forward to the VMAs but this year it sucked big time. there was no host, no surprises and no controversy. bring back Jimmy Fallon i say...he da bomb. Hoobastank and Jessica Simpson were horrible..i had to literally block my ears. Christina Aguilera was the only singer there who could actually sing live well. RnB dominated...seriously couldn't they show anyone else other than Beyonce, Jay-Z, P.Diddy or Usher? it's also sad that the audience had to be told to get their asses out of their seats for Stevie Wonder.

Fry

Orange Juice said:
but he might... its wierd.... only a select few american songs dont make it here
i dont think kanye west really made it here as well... and mase...i think if your name isnt nelly you cant make it in australia :p

or if your name isn't Eminem. D12 only made it cos of him. i don't know Fat Joe's ethnicity but he looks like a little bit of both.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
even though d12 consist of x rappers, em still raps the most out of all of em...
and whats with everyone and their groups?
eg fat joe, and ts
em and d12
nelly and st luna

and how is usher associated with atl? hes not even with them!

B-Ma

HSC
Orange Juice said:
Fat Joe is half peuto rican half cuban.

Last edited:

B-Ma

HSC
Orange Juice said:
even though d12 consist of x rappers, em still raps the most out of all of em...
and whats with everyone and their groups?
eg fat joe, and ts
em and d12
nelly and st luna

ATL isn't a group, its just short for Atlanta. That's where Usher's from.

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
Orange Juice said:
Well he may have been adopted into the clan... the collabo with Lil Jon and Ludacris obviously paid dividends.

On another note, the Mase album (Welcome Back) is a great one. For me its one of the albums of the year. Kanye West's (College Dropout) is excellent too, and his work as a producer certainly warranted his special introduction at the awards.

Auto Wah

Merethrond said:
Oh, one more thing, is one of the band members of Linkin Park gay, because he introduced one of the guys who went up to accept the award with them as his "partner":).
i thought the same thing when he said "this is my partner"
i think the korean guy is gay.

how u doin?

HSC
personally i thought Usher was the worst performance of the night. not just teh fact that it was a shite performance, he also comes accross a a gigantic wanker

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Fry said:
anyone here into Chingy? that guy gives me the shits
lol the southern flava....Chingy and Nelly hav similar styles of rapping.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Hotsauce said:
Well he may have been adopted into the clan... the collabo with Lil Jon and Ludacris obviously paid dividends.

On another note, the Mase album (Welcome Back) is a great one. For me its one of the albums of the year. Kanye West's (College Dropout) is excellent too, and his work as a producer certainly warranted his special introduction at the awards.
i think atl was like a group that jd started and all they do is remix each others shit....
like its got jd, je and bow wow

i dont like mases album... its pretty crap... doesnt compare to harlem...
but kanyes is an awesome album

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Fry said:
collaboration = guaranteed top 20 hit
maybe in the us, but not always here...
st luna did shit here i think...
and ts might do good now that now maybe another few thousand have heard of them from watching the show

overall... diddy makes the best collabs... except that stupid dance one he made... that was so shit

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Fry said:
i think its because Miami is like a big republican state. and Dave Chappelle is a very popular comedian over there..i think ive seen him in a few movies cos he seems vaguely familiar, although it wasn't his best work last night.

i usually look forward to the VMAs but this year it sucked big time. there was no host, no surprises and no controversy. bring back Jimmy Fallon i say...he da bomb. Hoobastank and Jessica Simpson were horrible..i had to literally block my ears. Christina Aguilera was the only singer there who could actually sing live well. RnB dominated...seriously couldn't they show anyone else other than Beyonce, Jay-Z, P.Diddy or Usher? it's also sad that the audience had to be told to get their asses out of their seats for Stevie Wonder.
chapelle has a minor role in nutty prof, where he bags out eddie murphy about him being fat... hes a comedian in that as welll....
think it was part one... with jada

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)