Who wants a 100 UAI? (1 Viewer)

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
LaraB said:
lol to an extent - someone else brought up about natural talent vs hard work/tutoring n all that?

was at a selective school, got high 90s - never got tutored.. ever.... didn't exactly work my ass off - was still summarising and crap the day before HSC exams and all that kinda thing.. basically i didn't work seriously except after trials... and there were heaps at school like that who got high 90s... i mean.. not all selective schools everyone lives to study lol...

but then again there were those who studied like lunchtimes, after school, before school, during free periods, got tutored outa school and then got like, high 80s/low 90s despite working non stop since the start of year 11...

so a lot of it is just natural talent or an ability to memorise stuff if you're one of those psychos who memorises all their essays:p or an ability to pick subjects that you suit and taht scale well blah blah blah...

seems like having natural ability is more important coz yeah you can be tutored to death but if you don't have the capacity to understand the stuff, i mean.. you can't just memorise for everything so you do have to have some kinda of natural intelligence i guess

dude plenty of people only get kickass serious after the trials and are caught summarising the day before the exam, and also get in the mid to high 90s. its called cramming and it works. so i suggest you get off your high horse. study habits depend on the individiual. if u can study 2 or 3 days before, and get a good mark, it only means your shor term memory is kickass. the others taht study all year have better time management then you and their long term and conceptual memories are kick ass! KICK ASS. by the way THE NIGGAS WILL INHERIT THE EARTH.

L

LaraB

Kutar Maggi said:
dude plenty of people only get kickass serious after the trials and are caught summarising the day before the exam, and also get in the mid to high 90s. its called cramming and it works. so i suggest you get off your high horse. study habits depend on the individiual. if u can study 2 or 3 days before, and get a good mark, it only means your shor term memory is kickass. the others taht study all year have better time management then you and their long term and conceptual memories are kick ass! KICK ASS. by the way THE NIGGAS WILL INHERIT THE EARTH.
meh you totally missed the point...

i was simply saying that getting tutored all year won't mean you get goods marks coz a lot depends on how capable you are to start with.... and it doesn't mean your 'short term memory' kicks in if you cram a few days before necessarily because if you haven't done any work all year you can't just rely on short term memory to learn a whole year's worth of work so if you do well its not just coz you have a good short term memory

i never said i'm the only one does it so get over it... and besides - if sooooo many people do it as you claim why is there such a big deal made about tutors and working all year blah blah blah.... most people study all year and then cram as well....

nice to know you're a black supremesist too ..coz that was relevant and intelligent... :rolleyes:

phrred

HSC
UAI of 100 with 94 for English? i dont think so

shuda done greek n latin n ext for both like laurie field

hek_si_la

HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
is that teochew...? hek si la..
yeah, me too :( and I've finished my hsc

hey, you sydney siders that actually have access to tutors, half decent tutors, and teachers that actually know more than half of what they're talking about, stop complaining. my teachers sucked, my school sucked, hell, I sucked, but I just gave it my all, and I'll tell you if it worked, in about two weeks time

but imo, yesss, you can get a good uai without tutoring etc but you have to work for it...no pain no gain, anyone...
no, it's not teochew... but i think i may know him... is his wikipedia username Techelf?

forgotten_dark

HSC
hey did this mushi_g guy end up getting 100? he never posted his results, yet his last activity was 22nd Dec (after result release)... maybe he didn't and he's devo as a result, so staying quiet...

Last edited:

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
This thread was a bit of a crack up. "The James Ruse experience" haha I've never even heard of James Ruse before.

I reckon this Mushi guy must have done a fair bit worse in his HSC than his expected UAI of 100. I mean I went totally crap in my trials, but still got a reasonable HSC result and got my first preference; the trials are certainly no definitive indication. (Cramming does work people.)

captal_boy

HSC
haha i beat james ruse in some competition 4 baulkham hills shire and they had some over-researched, over the top presentation yet me from a good old crestwood smashed u guys haha. thats what u call the "james ruse experience"

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
ugh, no this guy didn't end up getting 100. I know this guy. He went to Syd high and then transferred into Ruse in Yr 11. He would be the type of person who would sound very annoying and cocky btw. He apparently got 99.95, but he lies a lot so he might of gotten 99.90. Who knows?

live.fast

HSC
N/A
sheesh, all ya kids get so serrious bout technicalities...

all tutors say 'we give maaad education' etc,

if he does, he does

if he doesnt, ask for your money back, dont cry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)