• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who should win the next election (1 Viewer)

Who will win the next election

• Labor

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Liberal

Votes: 45 71.4%

• Total voters

readmod

Banned
HSC
N/A
Because I don't experience it much in real life. I'd be hard pressed to come across someone as supportive of Liberal as people are here among most of the people I know. From my experience, there is a huge lack of support for Tony Abbott, and while Gillard isn't great by any means, I don't hear the vehemence against her as much as I do against him.

Now this is clearly biased because of the industry I'm in (entertainment), but it just feels strange.
I hate tony abbort, but I hate labor more.

To be honest. Both parties are pretty shit. It is just Liberal is better one out of them.

My school is fairly Labor- because they are all really are uneducated about politics and the true policies of each party

Australians are finally waking up and lurching towards the right.
I hope so

billy chan

HSC
Because I don't experience it much in real life. I'd be hard pressed to come across someone as supportive of Liberal as people are here among most of the people I know. From my experience, there is a huge lack of support for Tony Abbott, and while Gillard isn't great by any means, I don't hear the vehemence against her as much as I do against him.

Now this is clearly biased because of the industry I'm in (entertainment), but it just feels strange.
That's your problem. You is in a bubble. Go hang with some suburban retailers or tradesmen etc.

readmod

Banned
HSC
N/A
Who is voting for dem Christians? Legit do you know what they want to do to us?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

I don't think it is so much about people loving Tony Abbott, it is more about them hating Gillard and the Labor brand now. Once Rudd was deposed it has been a slippery slope for Labor.

Look around the world; right wing (and even far right wing) parties are gaining significant traction as a result of the global financial crisis, failings in multiculturalism, increasing security concerns etc...

Lentern

HSC
Who is voting for dem Christians? Legit do you know what they want to do to us?
(we are just trying to fuck up Powlmao's poll by throwing votes at the fringe candidate,)

Lentern

HSC
I don't think it is so much about people loving Tony Abbott, it is more about them hating Gillard and the Labor brand now. Once Rudd was deposed it has been a slippery slope for Labor.

Look around the world; right wing (and even far right wing) parties are gaining significant traction as a result of the global financial crisis, failings in multiculturalism, increasing security concerns etc...
No.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
That's your problem. You is in a bubble. Go hang with some suburban retailers or tradesmen etc.
Oh, I know the arguments for Liberal. I used to be a heavy Liberal supporter myself. I just don't surround myself much with it now, because there's no need. I have no problem with people who do support Liberal and I can see why they'd do it, but it's not worth the time to hunt out and find new people, purely for the opposing political view.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Rudd beats Abbott, although pretty well any other Liberal leader would beat Rudd.
As a prime minister, maybe. But an election is often just as much about party policy than just the leader. Whilst the Liberals have shit policies too, i think the public is just sick and tired of labor rule tbh, and changing the leader won't do much except further damage the party's reputation in the eyes of voters

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
The Lib Dems

Because I hate you all and want to be able to hunt in National Parks

Lentern

HSC
As a prime minister, maybe. But an election is often just as much about party policy than just the leader. Whilst the Liberals have shit policies too, i think the public is just sick and tired of labor rule tbh, and changing the leader won't do much except further damage the party's reputation in the eyes of voters
This vote for party business is a fiction, only the deluded don't think the difference between a trusted leader and a mistrusted leader is at least four or five polling points.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
This vote for party business is a fiction, only the deluded don't think the difference between a trusted leader and a mistrusted leader is at least four or five polling points.
They need a lot more than 4-5 polling points to win imo

not to mention the political fallout of another leadership change would cause more damage than any positive effect rudd could bring to the party

Last edited:

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
the liberal democratic party would legalise masturbation

and voluntary servitude

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Are you tired of every loser whining about how they need more money and that they're oppressed?

Vote 1 LDP to throw them out on their ass

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

It's the opposite for me (live in GWS and everything Gillard does is horrible, apparently).

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
It's the opposite for me (live in GWS and everything Gillard does is horrible, apparently).
fair accurate assessment mate

fuckan ranga slut gime back mi moneys fuckan carbon tax still fuckan cold dis winter isn't it global wamring my ass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)