Who ran out of time?? (1 Viewer)

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
i ran out of time, i finished my powerplay, started Harwood, then realised i forgot to do language in powerplay so i scribbled out my conclusion, drew an arrow to the next book and started writing, then i went to the second page and wrote my conclusion (just in case i ran out of time) did run out of time and drew ANOTHER arrowing saying to go onto the second page in the second booklet.
And i only ended up with like 3-4 pages for Harwood...a page of which was in point form cos i was so short of time, and 9 for powerplay :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
mmm same! (except for the whole arrows thing :p)
i did 6 pages of each except for the powerplay one coz i ran out of time, i only did 3 pages... screwed!!! :)

KarmaKitten

HSC
I didnt ran out of time, I started Module C first, then moved on to A and gave the remaining time to B.

10pages,8 pages and 8 pages. so i am happy, didnt rush anything really, got to say everything i wanted to say

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
Crikket said:
mmm same! (except for the whole arrows thing :p)
i did 6 pages of each except for the powerplay one coz i ran out of time, i only did 3 pages... screwed!!! :)
the arrows were somewhat sus...i can see the marker going "screw this, this person is obviously insane" and giving me a bad mark :(

~~Jess~~

HSC
nook said:
yaeh spent too long on A and B- didn't even finish A as such- so for C i only got to talk about half a piece of related material- not two :-( I'm so screwed! how many marks do you think I'll lose for that? Then theres all the marks for how crap my responses are. Its depressing! But at the same time no more English! Yay! I'm havin a bon-fire to burn all my stuff after the HSC.
omg i wanna have a fire and burn all my stuff!! until my friend pointed out that i should give my notes to my 2 lil sisters. no1 gave me their notes oh well iw ould love to see the look on their face when i give em a stack of notes to read through. so happy its over!

as for running out of time! i ran out of time majorly!! left myself 15 mins to do gwen harwood so i was quite stuffed. dont think i answered any of the q's just wrote what i knew. hope this is making pple feel better bout their essays :p

skotgb

everything was short cos i took too long to develop my ideas..
i ran out of time mainly on lear cos that question was shit and i left it to last

Confuzzled

I seriously don't know where the time went...
I finished the Emma/Clueless essay in 50 mins
I started my opening paragraph for Mod B then I thought stuff this...the question lost me so I went on to Mod C.
I finished the Mod C speech then I realised I had 15 minutes to finish Mod B! So I rushed it not knowing what I was talking about then I had to write dot points after pens down.
Ooooo...now I want to have a bon fire. Die English.

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
I didn't finish Gwen Harwood, but I was expecting it. I planned not to finish it because I had nothing to say, really... I purposely gave section 3 a lot more time so I could get more out, cos it was my strongest module, then section 2, then Gwen Harwood, about which I know virtually nothing. It shall be fun, getting marks...

DaRanjed

didnt finish Frontline (mod C)- only 4 pgs, only saw that there was a few mins left... so i write "hmm, it seems as though we have run out of time...thankyou for listening"- i hope get the markers laughing, hehehe
They probably would laugh. lol

As for me, I think I spent the right amount of time for each. I did Mod C first which took me around 45 minutes..or 50.
I wrote 7 pages for Mod B. I KNOW I skipped a lot of good stuff for that...I could've added some more. Anyway, I went on to Mod A and spent more than 40 minutes on that.

I did all my conclusions..but I do NOT know what point I was making in my Mod C essay. I'm stuffed..

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Thought i could kill section 3, frontline, really quick but ended up getting lost in the question and talking about shit for a booklet and a half.. then realised i had spent 50 mins on it.. left it and went on to king lear and emma, simultaneously writing shit after shit after shit and then rushed a conclusion to frontline and finished both king lear and emma in dot points
ABSOLUTELY F-U-C-K-E-D!
and i was so prepared too!! im unexplainably shattered!

stace212

I did them in the order they were in... silly me. I spent too much time on Section1, then was screwed on Section2, then had no time left for Section3, which was the easier of the three questions. I had no idea what to write for Yeats, didn't have enuf notes to study from. Ah well... It's over! No more Yeats, Emma/Clueless or Frontline!!!!!!! My bonfire isn't happening yet... I think I'll wait till all subjects are over, THEN burn the lot!

I_hate_HSC

I hate english

How did they ever think it was possible to comment on so many texts in enough detail, in just 2 hours. The least they could do is give us three hours to write a good enough response for each essay. So many people missed out on even starting their third essay. The advanced course is an absolute joke seriously, what we had to do in this course was not english! I hated it so much but i studied my ass off any how. im just glad english is over, i have been waiting so long for this day.

The new syllabus is an absolute joke, i dont see how anyone could have enjoyed the course. Go die english....

chocobo

y0y0
HSC
Lear - 8 pages flew through that one....it was good 45 mins

Transformations emma/clueless- 6 pages ok but i wanted to write more. Bit rushed....35mins

Frontline- 7 pages...again ok....wanted to add more!! got about 3-4 es and 4 related material-40 mins

it was ok over all....but who knows it could be a peice of shit....hope markers are in a good mood cause my writing is pretty bad!!! when rushed......

sukwoo

this exam was the best my memorised essays of pure gold prefectly fit the questions and i finished with 1 minute left. 9.5, 10 and 9 pages though i had trouble adapting my module c essay to a speech so i ended up writing 'good afternoon ladies and gentlemen' then the essay and ended with 'thank you'. it tested the limits of my endurance and i felt like i had run a marathon anyway NO FUKKING ENGLISH FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
Yep i definitely ran outta time.. spent too much time on Module A n C...

Mod A: 12 pages
Mod B: 1/2 a page.. yeah, thats right.. lol
Mod C: 11 pages

cynical

50 min on BR/BNW
35 min Yeats
35 min Frontline..

NOT ENOUGH TIME, damn you.
Finished everything, but still rushed.

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
I just kept stopping, looking at the clock and gettings writers block. Kinda like daydreaming for like a min or so, so weird! Lookin out the hall window, contemplating whether to just get up and leave. You shoulda seen my writing, mod c right in the last 2 pages, it ended up scribble, i hope they can decipher it!! My words kinda just turn to slush and letters become lines, sometimes I cant even read it!!

But hey, in my trial, I actually spelt a word wrong and actually made a word up!! and the teachers didnt pick up on it - thus the writing prevails!!!

greentree

hey me too!! geting writers block type of stuff, so i'm basically sitting there waving my hand around to myself and moving my mouth till i caught the supervisor looking at me, so i guess i looked kinda strange!!! but yeah i so ran out of time, didn't even finish the first 2 sections cos i was going over time, but i liked the last section though, the rest were so ambiguous lol:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)