who ran out of time? or just had enough? (1 Viewer)

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
I hear ya crazy, sec 2 was my absolute worst too. My mind went blank, I just sat there for a full minute thinking what the fuck I was going to write. I don't even expect to pass that section...
the others were okay tho, but I ran out of time on the last question in section 1.

Benno

HSC
i didnt finish, but i said i didnt finish and wrote a small plan of what else i was gona write giving some examples etc etc

pri

HSC
N/A
I finished with bout 5 minutes to spare coz sec 2 didnt take to long and I had a preprepared 45 minute response for sec 3...actually the examiners only told us time was nearlly up at 13 minutes to go. Then pens down time.

I thought the 13 minutes was a little spooky

MrMiK

i first finished sec1 on 40mins i think
i was doin sec2 then found i was on the 40mins, so i rushed through the rest of the texts so that i could complete sec2 (which was SHOCKING) ended up doin sec 2 in like.. 15mins..

muldersgun

HSC
i went in chronological order and i'm really kicking myself cause i only had enough time to write half a page on my 3rd text in section 3....... ARGH! it sucked

kouri

well w t f
HSC
did everyone go in order?
one two and three???

i would've expected ppl to go
section one, then three then two oO
thats the order i went..

i had 20 minutes left..
all i know is... i wrote incredibly fast for sections one and three hahaha
and section II i screwed up so.yeah...but wrote very slowly.. ;_;

bails

i had 25 mins left, wrote q3 quickly first but didnt forget nuthin. the rest was alright xcept for q1.
whats the go with them confusin us?! dont make it easy or nuffin...

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by kouri
did everyone go in order?
one two and three???
I went three, one and two.

I finished Section III in about 35 minutes, spent 45 minutes on Section I and then 40 minutes on Section II.. just as planned! :)

sar567

i did 1,3,2

only had bout a minuit to go, so not too bad with time though i would hav liked to add the thankyou for coming at the end of the speech tht id forgotten

vegeta_316

Yep I'm with you 1,3,2 people. :)

-Section 1 first, just to get into the whole writing scheme of things. Settle you in. This took me 42 mins
-Section 3 next as it is the thing you are gonna write most on. Best give yourself the time to complete it fully, logically, and well structured. This took me 53 mins and it was worth the extra time as I hear most people wanted to analyse two related texts but only had time to analyse one because they did section 3 last. Giving enough time to this section made my response good in length, quality and well integrated.
-Section 2 I did last as anyone can conjure up half decent story on the spot and still score a 12. I did this in 25 mins. 4 pages in length full of figurative language and the such but more importantly answering the question very concisely.

Definitely the perfect layout IMO.

HSC
run out of time. damn. i hope it doesn't happen again. Spend way too much time on text 3 than i should have.

text 1 takes a lot of thinking. and i did text 2 last. I just hope everyone else did sh*t so i'll be alright relative.

sorry guys.:(

agent_99

oh god... talk bout needing more time.... trust me to go too indepth with sec1 ... had to jump to sec3 and only had 15 mins to do sec2.... which was so rushed and hardly mentioned change.. oh well... ive got 5 more exams to make up for todays loss

rushworld

HSC
Same, I had finished in time but I could have written so much more and better structured all sections if I had like an extra hour.

I think that a majority of students would rather take the 3 hours approach, because of the importance of the actual process. An extra hour could mean the difference between losing or gaining a few points in your UAI, seems kinda logical and reasonable.

xGSiR

I spent 10 extra minutes on Section 1, cost me Section 3 pretty badly :( Didn't get to pull one supp text in and conclusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)