"Who is your intended audience?" - what does this mean? (1 Viewer)

shxko

HSC
Hey guys!

For our Major Work Reflection and for the 'Critique of the Creative Process' task, we're asked to touch on our intended audience. I was wondering what 'your intended audience' means.

For creative writing, or other people writing short stories, just what are our options for an intended audience? In the case of critical, there are a couple of scholarly areas or journals to choose from - but I can't seem to think this is the case for short stories. Am I wrong?

I'm pretty confused (haha). Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

hschelper01

HSC
Hey guys!

For our Major Work Reflection and for the 'Critique of the Creative Process' task, we're asked to touch on our intended audience. I was wondering what 'your intended audience' means.

For creative writing, or other people writing short stories, just what are our options for an intended audience? In the case of critical, there are a couple of scholarly areas or journals to choose from - but I can't seem to think this is the case for short stories. Am I wrong?

I'm pretty confused (haha). Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
For me - last year - I was told to make it as specific as possible. So my story was based on science fiction and I chose to have my piece 'published' to science magazines etc etc. BUT, you should NEVER include 'age' as a criteria - markers don't like this...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)