Who is using the coroneos pink book for maths? (1 Viewer)

porquoispas

HSC
I can't stand my maths textbook! it's black and white and it's hand-written. On top of that it's set out wrong. i have to admit it does have good questions but they could at least put in a bit of colour... instead of motivating you, it just puts you off maths...any1 agree?

PrettyVacant

HSC
Cambridge is a good book, but has no colour. :( I'm so used to colour, we used the really colourful signpost maths books last year.

HSC
N/A
I use Fitzpatrick, Cambridge, and "Maths in Focus".

I dislike colour, much less color, and I utterly detest the Signpost Maths series.
Also, I hate getting worksheets; books are far better than a series of worksheets.

cs01001

HSC
Signpost sucks, though I do like that fact that it has colour. Currently using Kouchman at school, Fitzpatrick at home.

HSC
N/A
cs01001 said:
Signpost sucks, though I do like that fact that it has colour. Currently using Kouchman at school, Fitzpatrick at home.
Signpost has god-awful puns and wisecracks. Also the colour's disturbing; the book is heavy (as a direct result of colour printing); and it's not challenging enough, nor does it explain using examples too well.
I recommend that we should incinerate all Signposts.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Signpost has god-awful puns and wisecracks. Also the colour's disturbing; the book is heavy (as a direct result of colour printing); and it's not challenging enough, nor does it explain using examples too well.
I recommend that we should incinerate all Signposts.
Dude, I loved the maths puns. They really inspire me and allow me to write songs about maths.

cs01001

HSC
I remember there's one part on log functions. There's a teacher that goes to a party and tells the student that 'that's not the kind of function I expected'. lol

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
PrettyVacant said:
Dude, I loved the maths puns. They really inspire me and allow me to write songs about maths.
Whatever floats your boat, PrettyVacant.

Personally, I hate (as a general term) them.

UH, to reply to the initial question, posed by the OP, I am not using the Coroneos pink-coloured book for maths.

Cambridge and Maths in Focus are what we use.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Whatever floats your boat, PrettyVacant.

Personally, I hate (as a general term) them.

UH, to reply to the initial question, posed by the OP, I am not using the Coroneos pink-coloured book for maths.

Cambridge and Maths in Focus are what we use.
So you're not a RootMinus5 fan? :(

Alright then.

(They're this awesome band that writes songs about maths and can play their own instruments and have uber sex appeal that I am not a part of. Thus I can safely say that they are awesome because I am a neutral 3rd party.)

Oh who am I kidding :p

ham and pickles

HSC
The coronus is such a crappy book, good questions but the layout and just understanding the rubbish, damn the world for adopting maths as a key element in life!!!!!

PrettyVacant

HSC
Maths is freaking everywhere dude, you can't escape it, you won't escape it, and you won't WANT TO escape it. Bathe yourself in numbers, friend!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I hate the font of the Coroneus book. I can barely see it. Geez, the Cambridge Extension questions are hard :eek: I'm using Fitzpatrick at home :)

cs01001

HSC
PrettyVacant said:
Maths is freaking everywhere dude, you can't escape it, you won't escape it, and you won't WANT TO escape it. Bathe yourself in numbers, friend!
So true...

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
cs01001 said:
I remember there's one part on log functions. There's a teacher that goes to a party and tells the student that 'that's not the kind of function I expected'. lol
Yeah, and remember the section on logs? They drew a log! >_>

cs01001

HSC
Kujah, where are you up to in Fitzpatrick?

HSC
N/A
PrettyVacant said:
So you're not a RootMinus5 fan? :(

Alright then.

(They're this awesome band that writes songs about maths and can play their own instruments and have uber sex appeal that I am not a part of. Thus I can safely say that they are awesome because I am a neutral 3rd party.)

Oh who am I kidding :p
I can take a joke!

Is this (http://www.myspace.com/rootminusfive) Root Minus 5?
I don't suppose I am a Root Minus 5 fan; I am told that I am meant to like punk, emo, goth music... and I don't like that either, though.

I don't like getting my lives mixed up, you know, work and play, or whatever.:wave:
Oh the irony of that, ha...

Signpost maths != good.

4U Cambridge is set out oddly... I don't think I like it much.

Edit: Holy Mother Mary of Jesus Herbert Christ, what on this Earth is that Root Minus 5?

What's with all these teen-high school bands? First it was what-was-that-curry-who-left-us's band, and then this, and all that other stuff.
Oh yeah, nice web design and good hand-writing there.

EDIT: YOU CAN SOLVE ROOT NEG. FIVE.
CALCULATORS CAN ALSO DO SO, THOUGH FEW HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO DO SO.

Last edited:

cs01001

HSC
I was told you can't do root minus 5 right now, but its part of the 4U course, and it is called unreal number. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)