Who is going to vote liberal? (1 Viewer)

K

katie_tully

Did you know much about Peter Arden? He sounded like a pretty good guy. But as we know even "fuckwits turn into top blokes after death."

Still, my impression was that he was genuine and that more independants would be a good thing.
Peter Andren really was a genuinely fantastic guy. He did a lot for Calare, it's just a shame he didn't make it long enough to get into the Senate.

He was very personable and never reneged on anything he'd say at election time, which i think is testament to him being the Federal Member for Calare since 96.

EDIT: I'm not making a Howard comparison there either. Andren was ten times better than Howard. I didn't even know Andren had cancer, so I'm still quite shocked about his death.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Malfoy said:
Also, I was a YL until earlier in the year and I really dislike the way the party is going in general, they seem to focus too much on the social issues (where their stance wildly diverges from mine) and not enough on economic issues (*cough* baby bonus was a fucking stupid idea *cough*).
I agree. The baby bonus is one of the most retarded schemes in the history of Jewry. At $1.1bn it delivers nothing; even speaking from a social point of view it targets the completely wrong people too. I can imagine a middle class couple looking at their new plasma television while indigenous children have a life expectancy of about 60.

Also YLs are massively shit after they deposed Brodgen and replaced him with Debnam.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
and i agree that liberal's health plan to me seems better and i disagree with labor being in control of the majority of states and senate. it becomes somewhat of a totalitarian nation in my eyes haha
Yea tbh I find it a joke that the greens/dems/labor are fielding this 'save our senate' crap, that would be a worthy cause if the polls weren't hinting at a labor whitewash.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Village Idiot: Poor guy bakes 3 loaves of bread in a day, while rich guy bakes 5. It's completely fair that rich guy has some extra money to buy something else after he finishes his ice cream.

LDP voters: Please don't vote above the line, they're preferencing the CEC.

Peter Andren: Lefty but complete hero.

Beccy: Nick Minchin socially supports things such as voluntary voting, and has admitted that he smoked pot at one point despite the embarrassment it caused the party.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
neada said:
i disagree with labor being in control of the majority of states and senate. it becomes somewhat of a totalitarian nation in my eyes haha
There's almost no prospect of Labor winning a senate majority.
Malfoy said:
CEC? Fuck, aren't they the conspiracy nutjobs? Why would the LDP be preferencing them?
Yes, they are. They follow Lyndon LaRouche. The LDP have actually preferenced Pauline higher, which I'd argue is also something to get up in arms about.
Malfoy said:
(Also, who are the Coalition giving preferences to?)
The CDP.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Malfoy said:
CEC? Fuck, aren't they the conspiracy nutjobs? Why would the LDP be preferencing them?
Because a) they need preferences with any parties and b) there's something called "Senate stacking" which is what lead to FF getting a seat in Victoria last election even though the Greens had a higher percentage of the vote.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
jb_nc said:
Because a) they need preferences with any parties and b) there's something called "Senate stacking" which is what lead to FF getting a seat in Victoria last election even though the Greens had a higher percentage of the vote.
But CEC preferences flow straight on to the coalition, so LDP won't get anything.

neada

HSC
katie_tully said:
Sigh.
If it wasn't 10:25, and if I wasn't high on rum/coke spiders I could probably give you a list three times longer of the things this government has done to better this country.

haha aren't you just the epitome of cool? - heralding the fact that you are 'high' from rum and coke spiders. congratulations on a severly pathetic excuse for not being able to provide a sustainable argument.

i'm voting for liberal, i was really leaning towards labor but labor is planning to destroy plenty of bushland in sydney to provide more housing IN A TIME WHEN CLIMATE CHANGE IS THE MOST PREVALENT CONCERN

and i agree that liberal's health plan to me seems better and i disagree with labor being in control of the majority of states and senate. it becomes somewhat of a totalitarian nation in my eyes haha

Mevelyn2551

HSC
withoutaface said:
Village Idiot: Poor guy bakes 3 loaves of bread in a day, while rich guy bakes 5. It's completely fair that rich guy has some extra money to buy something else after he finishes his ice cream.
Bread? Who said anything about bread? What kind of a stupid example is that? Now chocolate... thats an example I could understand.

My point is this: we have marginal tax brackets, as I am sure you are aware. The whole basis of this system is the more you earn, the more you pay. Rich man will still have more money than poor man. Good job richie, you earnt it. But when rich is taxed the same total quantity of money as poor man...

Poor man is inside the no-tax threshold. Yet poor man still pays a GST that - if he didnt have to pay, might be able to afford two ice-creams instead of only one. The problem is, he needs three ice creams a week to feed his starving family.

Rich man is inside the highest tax threshold - and can afford two hundred ice creams a week after he has paid a tax of fifty ice creams though GST. Does rich man break a sweat? No. Poor man does. So why is someone who cant afford to pay any taxes at all incurring the same level of GST taxation as someone who can buy the ice-cream factory?

Suddenly I feel like ice cream. And bread. And chocolate. Move over vegimite and cheese, I think I smell a new sandwich is about to invade my study break.

juLz2nv

HSC
:( I wish i was 18 to vote.

But if i could vote atm i would have to vote liberal <3 Howard.

I just believe that they have done more good to the country than they have lied to us about certain issues.

Also about the cost of living to go higher i have to agree also its because of idiots overpricing items and also i believe that because people generally have more money atm so they can afford to pay overprice which ultimately fucked things up...... but hey from our dollar buying 50 US cents it buys 92 US cents :D:D!!

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
juLz2nv said:
Also about the cost of living to go higher i have to agree also its because of idiots overpricing items and also i believe that because people generally have more money atm so they can afford to pay overprice which ultimately fucked things up...... but hey from our dollar buying 50 US cents it buys 92 US cents :D:D!!
This post = retard + economics.

Mevelyn2551

HSC
juLz2nv said:
:( I wish i was 18 to vote.

But if i could vote atm i would have to vote liberal <3 Howard.

I just believe that they have done more good to the country than they have lied to us about certain issues.

1. People do not overprice items because they are idiots or in an attempt to make more money. They do it because of inflation - where either the cost of making the good has increased, or where demand for the good is so high that it forces up the price. And, of course, because I am the rabid labor supporter, ***insult government insult here.***

2. People generally do have more money today. But because of inflation it is worth less. Remember your parents saying something like "In my day an ice cream cost 20 cents?" (Damn I am still stuck on ice cream). They dont really have more money anymore anyway - real wages have decreased in recent years ( ***cough***workplace reforms ***cough chough***), though to be fair this does not take into account all the $ flying around because of the resources boom, international investment, etc etc. ***Insert grudging praise but claims that labor could manage the resources boom just as well***

3. Yeah... our dollar is at 92 cents. But this isnt really that good a thing. We can buy foreign goods cheaper, but this just means our money is flying right back out of the economy rather than staying in it like we want. And also our exports cost more to foreigners - making it harder to sell. ***Insert generic economic ramblings that even I dont understand***

And before I get a dozen people ripping into me... this is a highly simplified explination. But I have written more than enough economics for one day.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
village-idoit36 said:
1. People do not overprice items because they are idiots or in an attempt to make more money. They do it because of inflation - where either the cost of making the good has increased, or where demand for the good is so high that it forces up the price. And, of course, because I am the rabid labor supporter, ***insult government insult here.***

2. People generally do have more money today. But because of inflation it is worth less. Remember your parents saying something like "In my day an ice cream cost 20 cents?" (Damn I am still stuck on ice cream). They dont really have more money anymore anyway - real wages have decreased in recent years ( ***cough***workplace reforms ***cough chough***), though to be fair this does not take into account all the $ flying around because of the resources boom, international investment, etc etc. ***Insert grudging praise but claims that labor could manage the resources boom just as well***

3. Yeah... our dollar is at 92 cents. But this isnt really that good a thing. We can buy foreign goods cheaper, but this just means our money is flying right back out of the economy rather than staying in it like we want. And also our exports cost more to foreigners - making it harder to sell. ***Insert generic economic ramblings that even I dont understand***

And before I get a dozen people ripping into me... this is a highly simplified explination. But I have written more than enough economics for one day.
THANKS FOR THE YEAR 12 ECONOMICS SUMMARY

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
And also our exports cost more to foreigners - making it harder to sell. ***Insert generic economic ramblings that even I dont understand***
This isn't too much of a problem when we're in a pretty unique selling position anyway.

Mevelyn2551

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Man if only they ate fresh foods and fruit/vegetables, and fresh meats well they wouldn't have to worry about the GST.

Oh wait, the GST isn't on any of those items.

Wow, the GST is pretty much only on Junk Foods, and pre-processed stuff.

Hmmm.
I wasnt literally talking about ice cream, bread, or chocolate. I would have thought you were able to tell that. Surprise, but it's all an elaborate allegory... well, not really all that elaborate either. Either you failed to realise that (which to be fair, I find hard to beleive), or you did realise that and wanted to make an arguement over nothing.

So, am I to beleive that there are ABSOLUTELY NO items that a person on low income will ever need to buy that are influenced by GST? Give me a break...

How about instead of attacking my harmless example you try and put up some reasonable debate regarding the idea itself - that is, after all, why I started this thread.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Sweden has a VAT of 25% on most things and a VAT of 12% on food.

FUCK SWEDEN FUCKING UNFAIR SOCITEY

Mevelyn2551

HSC
jb_nc said:
THANKS FOR THE YEAR 12 ECONOMICS SUMMARY
Please, don't hurt me with your powerful attacks of wit and sarcasm. I don't think I can possibly stand it any longer. (p.s. I am aware of the irony that I am being sarcastic myself)

Well, I notice you didnt try and dispute any of it, did you? How about you try and argue based on the facts (that is, after all, why we're here) rather than waste your time and the time of those who have to read your stupid posts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)