Who is going to sit UMAT this year? (1 Viewer)

Are you going to sit the UMAT this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Stone Monkey

HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
Umm... Psychiatry lectures much?
Hi. You seem cool!!!:) LottoX; isn't the Yerkes-Dodson curve and law more psychology than psychiatry? :wave: So, itt, it is concluded that: *The UMAT requires no previous knowledge; *While it may or may not help one's performance in the UMAT, Biology and/or Chemistry are absolutely not necessary to undertake the test; *Undergraduate MBBS at UNSW has only two requirements - a band four minimum in Standard English; and Chemistry - and it is recommended that one takes Biology in the HSC years, too. If you do do a MBBS (w/ / w/o BArts) and didn't do Chemistry, you may wish to do a bridging course prior to the actual start of the MBBS course; this will be like a review over the HSC course but in around a week. Right? Hi all.:wave::)

Last edited:

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
yer, i'm doing mine at wentworth stand...whereever that is lol...apparently in parramatta...hhmmm...at 08:00...mmm i consider that as a 'good' time...
Good luck everyone.
Advice that I recieved:
- It's an aptitude test, so don't freak out if you're stuck on certain questions, chances are that many others will be stuck too.
- Don't count your score during the test, it's unpredictable, and you will just lose concentration and thus waste time.

kloudsurfer

HSC
yoakim said:
yer, i'm doing mine at wentworth stand...whereever that is lol...apparently in parramatta...hhmmm...at 08:00...mmm i consider that as a 'good' time...
Good luck everyone.
Advice that I recieved:
- It's an aptitude test, so don't freak out if you're stuck on certain questions, chances are that many others will be stuck too.
- Don't count your score during the test, it's unpredictable, and you will just lose concentration and thus waste time.
I thought it was in glebe....

jjag80

HSC
I personally haven't used any prep courses... I didn't know they existed until recently, and don't think that I have enough time to make any real difference.

A friend of mine who is using one of the providers had a very good tip though... print the prac tests and do them under real test-like conditions... he thinks it is a LOT easier than doing it on a computer screen where you can't really underline... maybe I am just stating the obvious??

Also... those questions in the ACER books are absolute cr@p... my expectations of the test based on them were that it would be easy... I was shocked last year when I did the UMAT for the first time (with no prep course either) and found that they are SO much harder than those misleading booklets... got 183(raw) last year and am hoping for improvement this time around (I HATE Section 3!!!)

Metaphysicalxzz

HSC
Hey, im sitting the UMAT this year... I havn't looked through the ACER book yet, but I ordered one...
What is a good score on the UMAT, and how hard are the questions? cos they didn't look that bad what I did see in the ACER book..

Metaphysicalxzz

HSC
Also, is anyone going to the Medicine day thing at UWS on Tuesday 24th? I'm the only one from my school going.. Haha.

HSC
Metaphysicalxzz said:
Hey, im sitting the UMAT this year... I havn't looked through the ACER book yet, but I ordered one...
What is a good score on the UMAT, and how hard are the questions? cos they didn't look that bad what I did see in the ACER book..
i guess the acer questions are quite easy... not very, but just quite...

:)
gud luck neway

jjag80

HSC
It depends how you look at the scores... the schools I am applying to only care about raw scores... and based on what I have read the following is true...

160-175: average
176-190: good
191-200: very good
201+: excellent

But as said above it really depends on where you are applying to. People with the same raw score can have totally different percentiles...

One thing that is VERY clear... the UMAT booklet should only be used as a guide to understanding the format of the exam and the question types... the real thing is SO much harder...

Last edited:

Zazo

Pharmacist :)
On earth, on a huge island, in the best city, Sydn
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, i'm doing the UMAT this year its in Glebe at 8.00am i've got no idea where that is but hopefully i'll manage. i was reading some practice questions some r really ambigious but section 3 is the worst i hate shapes and findind patterns i'm really worried for that section oh well thanx for the advice everyone cya there :) :)

HSC
Zazo said:
Hey, i'm doing the UMAT this year its in Glebe at 8.00am i've got no idea where that is but hopefully i'll manage. i was reading some practice questions some r really ambigious but section 3 is the worst i hate shapes and findind patterns i'm really worried for that section oh well thanx for the advice everyone cya there :) :)
Glebe :(

Anyone near that weirdo hickson rd place?!

(lol yea i gues so many ppl find that tough....) gl :)

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
!!Chocoholic!!! said:
Glebe :(

Anyone near that weirdo hickson rd place?!

(lol yea i gues so many ppl find that tough....) gl :)
Hey, yeah i am there. What's your name, i might just stumble into you.
My name is Shrikar.

Metaphysicalxzz

HSC
If anyone doesn't know how to get to their destination for the UMAT, on the UMAT/ACER website there is a map of how to get to the Glebe and the Wharf 8 one.

I'm gonna be at the Wharf 8 one... Look forward to seeing all you people I have never met there...

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Metaphysicalxzz said:
Also, is anyone going to the Medicine day thing at UWS on Tuesday 24th? I'm the only one from my school going.. Haha.
No way, thats one day before UMAT!!!

Metaphysicalxzz

HSC
haha. Yeah, it is. But the UMAT is an aptitude test.. Nothing I can study for. Plus, as the old saying goes, if you don't know it by then your not gonna know it..

kloudsurfer

HSC
Shrikar said:
No way, thats one day before UMAT!!!
Im going.

Why does it matter that its the day before the UMAT? Its not like its an exam that you can cram for, and your just going to be at school the whole day anyway...

Or do you mean just the inconvenience caused by an excursion? I live like 10 minutes away from the campus so its no big deal for me lol.

Only 3 people from my school are going.

And now someone says theres a freakin map! Ive been going crazy trying to figure out how to get to the place in glebe!

Last edited:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
kloudsurfer said:
Im going.

Why does it matter that its the day before the UMAT? Its not like its an exam that you can cram for, and your just going to be at school the whole day anyway...

Or do you mean just the inconvenience caused by an excursion? I live like 10 minutes away from the campus so its no big deal for me lol.

And now someone says theres a freakin map! Ive been going crazy trying to figure out how to get to the place in glebe!
Just the inconvenience.

aussiechica7

HSC
um guys, i'm speaking on behalf of myself and myself alone here, but u realise u can prepare for the umat?

liverpool3k

Banned
HSC
Metaphysicalxzz said:
haha. Yeah, it is. But the UMAT is an aptitude test.. Nothing I can study for. Plus, as the old saying goes, if you don't know it by then your not gonna know it..
lolz.

Metaphysicalxzz

HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Im going.

Haha. Yeah, I found the map cos I wasn't quite sure how to get to mine. Your going too yay. Which school do you go to? Cos I go to a school near it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)