Who is doing French Extension??? (1 Viewer)

Petite Choux

HSC
Nah, i recon you can do it.
as long as you aren't doing any ext classes for the languages, and as long as your committed!
i really wanted to do jap beginners aswell, and my teachers wouldn't let me!!! D= which is stupid because other people are doing it!
but if u wanna do it, do it! or else you may regret it!

bleu

HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrasy
Uh, as in two languages via correspondence? Well, I wouldn't say it was impossible, but you'll probably get a lot of "I strongly advise you not to" from people. I mean, learning any language via correspondence is hard, so learning two must be bloody insane.

Doing a beginners language course by correspondance isn't hard. At least that was my experience with french beginners. It was my easiest subject by far. The OHS courses are really good and i can imagine correspondance, in SOME cases could even be better - as in when you have an absolutely god awful teacher!
So many ppl believe correspondance is 2x harder but all you need is the motivation and enthusiasm, the beginners courses are a sinch and besides i actually liked having that little bit of extra freedom. You have more control over when you want to complete your work - no teacher breathing down ur neck (its pretty much up to you to ring ur teacher). Like if u have an assignment for another subject u can put off ur french and use ur french periods for more urgent work --- but yeah there is a risk that this'll turn into a too frequent escape route and eventual trap.
But extension sounds mega hard ...yikes, not for me

treeface

HSC
if anyone is having trouble reading the book, you can get it here in english:

Amazon.com: Jean de Florette & Manon of the Springs: Marcel Pagnol: Books

its not too expensive second hand, its directly translated and includes manon des sources, which ties up all the loose ends in jean de florette and generally helps with understanding

is anyone else freaking out about the monologues? when i tell my friends that my french homework is to do with human rights and aboriginals their jaws kind of drop. help =s

kiki_koala

HSC
i love french ext =) best thing i ever took. I've finished that stupid novel a few months ago and now we're just working through the extracts and themes stuff. i like being able to express myself properly about issues, but those orals are absolute death!

p.s. in France, they study Aboriginals in Aus in English class...quite amusing considering they can't put a sentence together about their holidays for example XD

michellemma

Premium Member
HSC
Anyone else frustrated by the exam being on the last day of the hsc timetable?

extension 3

HSC
c'est énervant au possible

i have 5 exams in four days. (maths ext maths latin french ext english) then two weeks with NOTHING to do except extension french.
ahhhhhh

cherrisoda

HSC
Graaaagh the orals are absolute death!
I AM FREAKING OUT!
How are people preparing for them?
:D Anyone wanna help each other out? :O
I have not spent so much time on french continuers, but if anyoen would like to be french spekaing partners that would be awesome :)

kiki_koala

HSC
Graaaagh the orals are absolute death!
I AM FREAKING OUT!
How are people preparing for them?
omg, i know! orals are like massive stressssss!
i don't think you really can prepare for them =( just hope for the best haha

jenga218

HSC
Ditto. I especially like the female Quebecois accent. C'est tres sexy et mignon!

YouTube - Fille québécoise

HEHEHEHE! Avec les cahlourii!
Hey now!

That woman sounds a lot like my Year 6 teacher, and she was from a different part of Canada - that accent sounds NORMAL to me. :p

I'm beginning to get a little nervous about this Extention course. It makes up one of my 10 units, so no chance in dropping it. And yes, I'm one of those crazy people doing OHS. *headdesk*.

Any other 2010ers doing Extention French?

laramcgirr@gmai

HSC
Hey!
I study two languages through the Open High School. Italian Beginners and French Extension (I did French Continuers last year in year 11).
I wouldn't recommend doing languages via correspondance because it is difficult. But, I wouldn't've chosen any other subjects so choosing languages for me was the best option. I did better in them.
Although French extension is hard! I'm actually reading this discussion because we have our French ext. HSC exam tomorrow and I really just don't know what to study! If anyone has any suggestions, please helP?
Good luck with whatever you choose to do! :)
xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)