• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

WHO HERE is intending to have a job and STILL HAS NO JOB??? (1 Viewer)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I run the Quah Bonsai nursery in Greystanes, but business isn't doing too well because in the last year the market has become saturated with shit bonsai. So not only are they not coming to me in the first place, they're not gonna buy again in future because they couldn't keep the shit bonsai alive.

If you're looking for a high quality bonsai, visit the Quah Bonsai Nursery. www.quahbonsai.com

I'm also a Partner in PolySypher Creative. We're web designers/musicians who need web design work. If anybody knows anybody who is looking for design, contact us - www.polysypher.com

And finally, I teach Piano and Composition. If anybody in the Greystanes area is looking for a teacher in either area, I am quite accomplished in both piano and composition, and I'm a lot cheaper than most teachers.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
If people put you on unpaid trials and then don't hire you, report their asses because it is illegal.

I think what a lot of people here lack is either a/ confidence or b/ the right attitude

Go in to an interview full of confidence. Every time I have gone for an interview for a job I have really wanted I have thought to myself "I will get this job".... and do you know what? Every time I have. Having the confidence to sell yourself, be outgoing and be friendly without being too egotisitcal or anything will make the interviewer see that you are a passionate, friendly, outgoing person who will be good with customers.

As for b (the right attitude)... if you want a job you have to go out and find it, nobody is going to hand it to you on a plate. You have to be realisitic about what jobs you will be able to get and go in to the interview with the right attitude. Don't think of it as just a casual job at a supermarket or a shit job in a fast food restaurant... otherwise you will act only to that level in your interview, even if it is subconciously. If you view the work you will be doing if you get the job as something important or valid then this will shine through in your interview.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
But if you are applying for the right sort of entry level jobs then you can be confident that you can do the job... because the jobs are easy. Confidence is important... there are people here saying they won't get the job before they even get to the interview... if you have that kind of attitude you probably won't get the job. Apply for jobs that you KNOW you are capable of so that you can show that confidence in your interview... I mean, there wouldn't be many people here (considering most of the people who use this board are well educated) who would not be able to perform a simple job at coles myer... so when you go to the interview, you should be confident!!!!!

By attitude, I didn't mean the attitude you have about getting work necessarily. The attitude that you have about the jobs you are applying for is just as important. If you aren't interested in them, or excited about them, or keen then it will show through your interview.

These are my personal views and advice, so take it or leave it as you please, but being confident and having the right attitude has meant that I have been offered a job at every single interview I have attended... and I have been asked if I have wanted work from nearly every single place where I have put in my resume..... so this is what has worked for me. You have to talk yourself up a bit!

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah but im too lazy to get it started- tell u what get it all running and profitable and ill take over from there ok?

third day

HSC
i want a job!!! i will do (almost) anything!! i need money or everyone is getting dodgy x-mas presents this year!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I, the creator of this thread, now has a job.

bahahahahahhaa

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
damn you to hell- whats the new job!!

u left us lazy ppl behind- how could you
hahahah :D

I'm at an adminstrative job. What's beautiful about this is that I work fulltime for three weeks, and after that I work 2 days a week (which won't clash with uni), :D It's at the city... I don't know how much it would pay yet buh MWUHAHAHAHHA :D:p

KwIcKsAnDz

HSC
thejosiekiller said:
we should create a company that will hire lazy ppl to do tedious jobs

ah maybe later

they already have that its called McDonalds

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
... said:
i think the trick is

apply for a job, in every shop u walk past

no jk
my friend did that in yr 9 and got one!
argh, alas, jobless, and licenseless. :(

sarevok

HSC
The key to job-searching is patience. The people in this thread seem to be in the same position as thousands of other school leavers; they have concentrated on their schooling at the expense of having a part-time job, and are now worried that they won't be able to get a job as they don't have any experience. All I can say is don't panic; the percentage of people who work part-time whilst at high school is around 35% (see: http://www.whitlam.org/its_time/22/schoolwork.html), though this of course will increase dramatically if you go to a public school. It is a fact that the majority of people don't get their first job until University. My brother didn't get his first job until his second year of uni, and I have a friend who landed his first job upon completing his degree.
It is also Christmas time, and most companies do their recruiting for this period a few months earlier. Contrary to what some one earlier in this thread said, this is probably the most difficult time to get a job.
And if you really need money for Uni, I believe most Uni's are free for the first couple of months anyway, in case you change your mind about a degree. So you've still got plenty of time to get a job.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Yes. I am desperately in need of a job.

I have applied at a number of places and have called up a lot of stores to see if any part time or casual jobs are available. But still no success.

Its really pissing me off. The worst moment was this year when i walked into Franklins in Merrylands (Sydney's west) to see if any jobs are available and they yes. So, at the store, i fill out an application form, hand it in and they say "Come back in a few days time with your resume". I come back a couple of days later with my application and resume and they say "Sorry, no jobs are available".

I felt like smashing the fuck out of them. Absolute cunts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)