Who here has used the HSC advice line yet? (1 Viewer)

Tim035

HSC
Was it good? how long did you spend talking? or did they just answer ur question and wish u good luck in the hsc?

I've always got lots of little questions especially in chemistry and stuff but I don't feel like its really worth ringing them up about it.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I got the letter about it yesterday, haven't used it yet but might do. Alot of questions, well BOS is here for that. :p

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
Is the advice line open yet? I didn't think it was - but I'm probably wrong anyway.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Tim035 said:
Was it good? how long did you spend talking? or did they just answer ur question and wish u good luck in the hsc?

I've always got lots of little questions especially in chemistry and stuff but I don't feel like its really worth ringing them up about it.
I got advice from a 2005er, they used it to jot down 14 pages of notes for Modern History. It's definately worth it apparently :) It's cheap too... for basic fine tuning :D

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yep, you can get a lot out of the Advice Line--it is virutally free tutoring after all so you might as well use it. Though someone in my grade called up about Business Studies, and they put her through to her own Business Studies teacher! :eek: awkward, hey?

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
That would have been so funny getting through to your own teacher. A few of my teachers have given me their phone numbers (5 of them) so I can get in contact with them in the holidays which is really nice, except I feel bad about calling them at home (yesterday my English teachers son picked up and thought I wanted Mr Teacher not Mrs Teacher).

passion89

HSC
lala2 said:
Yep, you can get a lot out of the Advice Line--it is virutally free tutoring after all so you might as well use it. Though someone in my grade called up about Business Studies, and they put her through to her own Business Studies teacher! :eek: awkward, hey?
Haha that happened to a physics student at my school last year - she got put through to her teacher and the stupid teacher didn't even know lol

Tim035

HSC
oops my bad. Yeah I just got the letter in the mail a couple of days ago and assumed it was open.
But thanks for the positive feedback about it anyway, I recon I could keep them on the line for a day about biology lol :D

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I received the letter today.

I might call up for english, but I dunno :S
is it worth it?
trust me...it would be the best 25 cents youll ever spend
and im not joking
you doing eng std or eng adv?

success

HSC
i used the advice line last year for all of my subjects at least once i think. the teachers are all pretty good and can give you a lot of handy information, plus they all wish you good luck! its the small things that make a difference!

~~*CHELLE*~~

HSC
yeh i used it just then! it rocked they were relli polite and helpful with what seemed like a stupid question ha ha! i also called one of my teachers today he he so akward but i needed to know!!!

michaeln36

HSC
How much time are they willing to spend on u?

Could u like read out ur whole english essay/story and get them to give u feedback/pointers>????

HSC
i just called and i got the most dumbest teacher lol she couldnt help me like at all and there was awkward silences through out the convo i thought she was trying to look up sumthn on the computer but she wasnt im gonna try again tmrw with the same question i hope i dnt get the same lady hahaha
also i need to ask more question but i didnt want too cause i felt bad liek i was takn up their time

HSC
^ that so happened to me right now.. she kept saying umm.. ahhh...

and the whole time i was answering my stupid question ...

Last edited:

michaeln36

HSC
except a tutor costs more than 25c... but at least u can fire them if they are crap..

the person that felt bad about wasting their time - dont - they get paid to do this (i think).

can anyone answer my other question?

"How much time are they willing to spend on u?

Could u like read out ur whole english essay/story and get them to give u feedback/pointers>????"

Ennaoj

HSC
are they really that good?

What are you ringing them up for, like general questions or really specific stuff.
For example are they much help if you don't understand a entire concept for biology or something like that?

I am umm-ing and arrrr-ing about ringing them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)