Who here has got a tutor???? (1 Viewer)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Anyone looking for a 1-on-1 maths tutor in the Beecroft/Epping/Eastwood/Carlingford area can pm me. I come to you. Costs nothing to check me out.

HSC
Uni Grad
Because Matrix "supposedly" gurantees 95 ATAR or something :S
But you have to work for it though. And it cannot guarantee and ATAR of 95+ for those who are pretty shit in certain subjects or everything as a whole because from what I know, Matrix is hard to keep up with and you get easily behind if you don't understand the work, you miss out a lesson or something...

pannie

HSC
i can recommend a tutor but depends where you are and what subjects you want to get tutored for

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Are most tutors the same? I want some tutoring but i dont know how much it would cost. How much would it roughly cost?

muhahahahahaha

HSC
hello, im in yr 11 and i get tutoring for maths and it helps sooooo mcuh!!!
i dont know how group tutoring us but i do 1 on 1 and it helps alot since all of the time is allocated to one student
also, u get alot of extra materials to help :)

muhahahahahaha

HSC
oh, well i get tutored for an hour and a half and it costs me $60...hope this helps

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
So $40/Hour?. Thats really cheap by the sounds of things. Thanks heaps. Gives me a broad idea about how much it cost.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I feel that anyone who relies on a tutor in order to do extension courses should reconsider.
This is different however to getting a mentor for English Extension 2, as our teachers recommend it.

If you need a tutor, don't waste your money on anyone who doesn't have a teaching degree. That is unless you choose a former student. Ask them to prove that they did well (95+ in the course during their HSC) and reconsider using their services if after a lot of effort you still do terribly in an assessment.

I've never need a tutor. I have a mentor for English Extension 2, but that's it.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Why is it necessary to have a teaching degree?

Last edited:

h3ll h0und

HSC
for prelim i wouldn't waste money on matrix and all those other expensive coaching colleges....maybe just try out their trial lessons. Just try out a couple of private tutors until you find a good tutor for HSC.

h3ll h0und

HSC
I feel that anyone who relies on a tutor in order to do extension courses should reconsider.
This is different however to getting a mentor for English Extension 2, as our teachers recommend it.

If you need a tutor, don't waste your money on anyone who doesn't have a teaching degree. That is unless you choose a former student. Ask them to prove that they did well (95+ in the course during their HSC) and reconsider using their services if after a lot of effort you still do terribly in an assessment.

I've never need a tutor. I have a mentor for English Extension 2, but that's it.
Some people doing extension subjects such as extension 1 maths and/or extension 2 maths, such as myself, may disagree because there are some concepts which you may not thoroughly understand and need more help than what is provided at school. But if you are understanding the stuff well and are ahead i agree with ur statement =)

Blushii

HSC
I gotutoring at Tipps for 20$/hr (2hrs=40) and since im in 11A (despite the fact im actually in year 10 @ school) I get Kobskii the head teacher : D
We are learning 2 and 3U maths which will be completed soon, which will then be retested for class allocations.

As for english I don't tutor for that yet, but am looking for a place : )

CecilyMare

HSC
Why do people always go the grade higher in tutoring places? Is it better?

I go to ruse and even I don't do that.. i actually did that last year and failed >.>

lalala xD

HSC
Heyys! :spin:

yeaa i reckon tutor helps heaps, i'm getting tutored for maths 2 and 3 unit, english and chemistry. sigh, dat's like $80 gone a week =[

oh welphs, but without science tutor haha probably came bottom 3 like last years yearly- 28th out of 30 kids. now thanks to it coming top ten now :)

yaayy loving the tutor-free month break :skip:

bubbrubb

HSC
Anyone dissing the use of 4 unit maths tutors is a retard - tho i am assuming that noone who actually did the course would be the perpetrator.

As for those stating that 1 on 1 is the best form of learning... it is not always the case. For some it applies too much pressure on the student and actually makes them perform worse than if they were in a group situation.

Anyways, paying for tutoring is worth it if you feel more confident and are seeing an improvement in results. BUT... places like Matrix and Intuition are bloody ripoffs. Never think that the cost is in any way proportional to quality. I have seen their work and it's all very pretty and well organised but its mostly style and very little substance in the actual quantity/difficulty of questions they select. then again... that's just me... and some people might like it... like my friends did... zzzz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)