Who here has finished their course??? (1 Viewer)

cuivienen

HSC
Yeah we are almost finished...we have just two more sub topics to finish off in the "Ramesside" society option ;)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
we're finished - so we're just bumming around doing nothing basically. we're either doing independent study/revision or we're practicing what we'd put in essays or how to write short answer question responses. we're damn good at writing intros...only problem is that thats the only thing we're good at! our teacher is under the delusion that if you have a good intro you automatically get full marks..even if you have nothing to say in the actualy body of the essay

SimpaticO

Happy Man
We still have about three quarters of our last topic (Augustus and the Julio Claudians) to go and our teacher has pretty much set it up so that we touch ourselves the unit seeing that we're only at school for two more weeks technically and some people have already left and won't come back to the HSC (that's due to my school's policy of "optinal attendance" over the next two weeks).

I of course am staying at school for the two weeks. The help of our teachers over that time will be invaluable.

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
omg!!
we havent even started our personality.. our teacher changed it from the other class.. so i cant even get any help from anyone.. also the historical period hasnt be done as such coz we had 2 of our assesments on the historical period that covers the major chunk.. like assessing julius caesar in fall of rome 78-28 bc and now theres another one lined up on the second triumvirate.. all we've done in class is upto civil wars!!! should i be freaking out right now?

i want to start the new topic myself as i have practically done most of the period as well.. but i dont know where to get all the resources from... can anyone help??

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
wait, whats the new topic? is it fall of rome (coz us mafia will finally be able 2 help some1!!!) or is it a personality or what? im confused!
woah, simpatic0, r u serious, optional attendance? thats so...well, so wrong actually! how do they accoutn for that 2 the board of education? uve got 2 have a certain % of attendance or u dont qualify for the hsc! and do they mark these days as absences on ur report? coz i wouldnt want that many absences - who the hell would hire u if they looked at that? ud seem soooo unreliable! not sure i agree on invaluable help from teachers tho...personally, i havent done a ting in class since the trials. then again, we didnt do anything before the trials, so i guess its to be expected!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
yeah, it is wierd - and wrong! apparently, the rumour spread from the fact that some markers read the intro and the conclusion, then skim over the essay first, looking at topic sentences, keywords etc. to get an idea of what band/mark they think its worth be4 reading it properly.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
I do Ancient by distance education..I have 3 topics to go - my society, and half of my first time period and half of my second time period. And well I skipped a lot of stuff for my personality so I could study for my half yearly. Yeah, go distance education! lol How will I do it? I do not know, but the story is the same for the rest of my class (18 of us) - we get so much work, none of us can meet the deadlines. (I only received one of my topics tested in the trial 3 weeks before my trial, and a girl in my class received it 4 days before hers...and one of our assessment tasks had to be extended by a month because some students were still on our first topic.....ahhhhhhhh)

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
yeah.. its fall of roman republic- 78 bc to 28 bc.. i'm so lost!! i tried looking up for notes or references.. but no use.. btw, can anyone tell me how they have done their summaries for the historical period? its all so repetitive in the bos syllabus(ignore the spelling) sheet. so have u done accourding to personalities, events or what?? i really need to do mine to get my head around the topic. also would anyone have any important sites or notes on the gallic wars?? we've hardly done anything about it! and since we are doing caesar as our personality, my teacher reckons we just need to know our historical period properly! is that so? i just dont know what to do!!

also.. i have to give a speech about the second triumvirate monday... can anyone assist me there??

thanks.

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
Yea, we're finished too, but the dumb thing was that we did our trials last term, which meant we HADN't finished our last topic Mycenae. I got 72% which was third IN THE YEAR because everyone bombed out on the Mycenae question. Geez my school is weird!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)